This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scoring for HHA Questions

#11TimrodPosted 7/6/2013 7:15:47 PM(edited)
You pretty much need the exterior to match your theme to get anywhere. I hit 1.25 million today using Harmonious/Oriential, and my setup was this:

Exterior:
Imperial Wall
Imperial Door
Bamboo Fence
Zen Mailbox
Zen Castle

Room 1:
Exotic Set (13/13) + 5 Exotic Tables
Lucky Cats (4/4)
Bonsai (10/10)
Darumas (3/3)
Vases (3/3)
Chinese Lantern (Gulliver)
Festival Lantern
Bamboo Grass (JP-exclusive holiday item, not orderable)

Room 2:
Exotic Set (10/13) - No wall or floor, no wall shelf.
Lucky Cats (4/4)
Japanese Theme (5/?)
Darumas (3/3)
Vases (3/3)
Conveyor Belt Sushi
New Year's Noodles x2 (JP-exclusive, not orderable)

Note that you could easily replace the non-orderable items with any Japanese-theme item (for room one) and any two bonsai (for room two). Also, 980k of those points came from just Room One and the Exterior.
---
3DS FC: 2879-1025-2315
#12soshii(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 7:17:01 PM
So essentially yeah, you had tons of the first room stuff in your second room as well. I initially thought this was my issue, but apparently it isn't. I really don't think the exterior is the major issue here because I just found a third Trendy exterior and I went from 410,000 to 450,000. I don't think finding the fourth and final will throw me up about 800k in points. I'm stumped and pissed.
---
ACNL: Kyle from Seoulkyo: 1134-7845-8828
I grow Blue Roses. Ask me about my current quantities if interested.
#13soshii(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 7:29:58 PM
I literally only have the sets, meaning I have one of each item in the set in each room. Harvest, Modern, Sleek, Polka-dot, Classic, Minimalist, and Astro are what I have in the three rooms. I really want to know what is holding back the other 800k or more points.
---
#14LiquefyPosted 7/6/2013 7:32:02 PM
soshii posted...
I have, which is why I'm asking you =/.

No, you haven't.

This is a quiz:
Go read my FAQ and post a) how many points per item and b) how many points per exterior refom you get when you have at least three matching exterior reforms and more than 90% of the room matches your chosen Interior Theme.
#15TimrodPosted 7/6/2013 7:32:57 PM
soshii posted...
I literally only have the sets, meaning I have one of each item in the set in each room. Harvest, Modern, Sleek, Polka-dot, Classic, Minimalist, and Astro are what I have in the three rooms. I really want to know what is holding back the other 800k or more points.

Okay, I know why. The reason is that you need at least 70% of the items in any given room to be of your theme to get any points whatsoever from that room. I learned this the hard way when I tried to stick a bunch of Oriental stuff in my Gorgeous room. What you'd want to do is remove Harvest (which is considered Fairytale, not Trendy) and Classic (which is considered Natural, not Trendy).

Polka-Dot, Minimalist, Astro, Sleek, and Modern are all fine.
---
#16soshii(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 7:33:10 PM
This is what I've been staring at for the past four hours, calculating over and over:

You can receive Bonus Points for achieving certain collections:
... seikatsuhitsujuhin or Daily Necessities
Collect a bed, chair, table, dresser, and wardrobe:
from the same Series for 150,000
from different Series for 100,000
The five items do not have to be in the same room.
You cannot get multiple Daily Necessities bonuses.

...Interior Theme Bonus
Collect a minimum number of items of the same designated Interior Theme.
There must be a minimum of 8 items total in the house.
Thresholds with 1 matching exterior Reform:
70% of room for 5,000 x # of total different items +
40,000 x # of exterior Reforms
90% of room for 8,000 x # of total different items +
70,000 x # of exterior Reforms
Threshold with 3 matching exterior Reforms:
90% of room for 11,000 x # of total different items +
95,000 x # of exterior reforms

You can be assessed Penalty Points for certain "infractions:"
...items left on the floor for 100 x # of items

...items with inappropriate orientation for 10,000 x # of items
(storage devices, TVs, directly up against and facing a wall)
---
#17soshii(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 7:34:00 PM
Timrod posted...
soshii posted...

Okay, I know why. The reason is that you need at least 70% of the items in any given room to be of your theme to get any points whatsoever from that room. I learned this the hard way when I tried to stick a bunch of Oriental stuff in my Gorgeous room. What you'd want to do is remove Harvest (which is considered Fairytale, not Trendy) and Classic (which is considered Natural, not Trendy).

Polka-Dot, Minimalist, Astro, Sleek, and Modern are all fine.

And Harvest and Classic are both Trendy, I've referred to both my Prima physical guide and several websites such as MoriDB.
---
#18TimrodPosted 7/6/2013 7:37:31 PM
Thonky's guide says that neither of them are Trendy. Prima is usually wrong about these things.
---
#19soshii(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 7:38:12 PM
Alright, I'm going to try your advice then and report the results. At this point I'm willing to try anything, and one or two sets not being Trendy would explain alot.
---
#20soshii(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 7:54:52 PM
Timrod. Your solution was the right one. I want to thank you so much. I've been sitting here baffled and confused for the past 5-6 hours trying to figure this out. When I get my house cleaned out and back together, I want to show my gratitude with a million bells, 10 blue roses, and 2 golden roses. Oh my gosh. I am so happy. Thank you.
---