This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how do you decide where to put your public works projects?

#1YoyokuKOPosted 7/8/2013 9:44:10 AM
...i'm starting to get to that point where i hate my town layout.

I can't decide between a modern or classic police station. Even after that, can't decide between placing it near Re-Tail or Town Hall. Not only that...

so confused
#2Shiro_YusukePosted 7/8/2013 9:45:40 AM
Do what feels right? It's personal preference. I suppose you could visit others' towns and see what they did to determine if you'd like to replicate it.
---
Divine Bow - Range: 5.5 Melee: 0 Value: 265
Paralysis +1 - Stamina +1 - Dash Ch. Shot +3 - Bkwd-Dash Cont. Fire +2
#3teamaquashockPosted 7/8/2013 9:52:09 AM
I try to work around it. I find dirt patches in my town and put Public Projects there while trying to see if it's in a good spot. My town is starting to look nice now. Less dirt patches.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#4Strain42Posted 7/8/2013 9:54:43 AM
I just try to find a place that feels nice for the project.

I have my yellow bench right by the waterfall so people have a good cliff side view of the ocean. I have my reset center in the top right corner behind town hall and by the train tracks. I have my cafe directly north of the town square, and directly left of my own home. I (plan to) have the lighthouse on this small extending cliff looking over the beach, and I have my campsite nice and out of the way near the beach.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#5Mcnugget2256Posted 7/8/2013 9:58:53 AM
Strain42 posted...
I just try to find a place that feels nice for the project.

I have my yellow bench right by the waterfall so people have a good cliff side view of the ocean. I have my reset center in the top right corner behind town hall and by the train tracks. I have my cafe directly north of the town square, and directly left of my own home. I (plan to) have the lighthouse on this small extending cliff looking over the beach, and I have my campsite nice and out of the way near the beach.

I want to live here.
---
3DS FC: 3695-0144-3766 David
AC Dream Suite: 5100-2287-7010 Pemberly
#6ZekoPosted 7/8/2013 10:41:54 AM
I decided to have the upper part of my river as the town portion and the lower part as the nature portion. My upper portion has a bench next to a waterfall with a lamp post next to it surrounded by a field of a particular type of flower (can't think of the name). I have Re-Tail and the Town Hall next to each other in the middle with the town square in the top right of my map. The police station is on the edge of the forest of my bottom part. On the bottom portion I have a campsite next to a cliff on the far left of my map and up from that is my house nestled in a nook where the river bends and it's surrounded by pine trees for a forest look. I'll be putting all my PWPs accordingly.
---
AC:NL: Name: Ragnar Town: Myrkvior FC: 4484 8574 9939
#7gamerman57Posted 7/8/2013 10:51:29 AM
My Retail is conveniently in the top left corner, so I plan on making a mini Main Street with it. Next to Retail is where the Cafe is going to be, and next to that is where the Police Station will go. I'll even put some Street Lamps in.
#8CandieBearsPosted 7/8/2013 10:53:00 AM
they had to line up wiht my paths .. and where i didn't want new villagers to move in.
---
FC:2578-3278-3144DreamAddress:5200-2192-1197PSN:Candiebears