This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HHA Rewards - What are you doing to get more points?

#1Joche7566Posted 7/8/2013 4:24:01 PM
So I recently began caring about how I set up my home, what the exterior looks like, and how many points I can garner from it. I've managed to get 470,000 points thus far. Lyle says my home exterior is perfection (I have the Rustic theme going on), and that his crew really loves my second floor room (Full Green furniture set with a few plants and mini-fossil models.) The main room has the mixed wood set, right room has the cabin set, north room has the alpine, and left room the blue set. I've furnished it all with plants, bonsai, etc etc, trying to keep to the 3 of a set per room type of thing. I just don't know what else to do to up my points at this time. I have the Golden Roof as an optional reward now, and would like to get the Golden Fence Reward when I reach 500,000 points. Furthermore, I thought I was supposed to recieve the Golden Home Model when I reached 150,000 points but I never did! Did anyone else encounter that problem? Anyway, what are you doing to get more points?
---
Animal Crossing: New Leaf! Town Name: Fantaji
Octavio FC 5198-2409-8543
#2loremipsoniumPosted 7/8/2013 4:29:39 PM
I just hit 100,000 today. Basically just move stuff around in your house everyday and talk to he HHA guy everyday and he should give you some pointers and compliments. Try to collect a lot of suited furniture and try to follow feng shui.

Ill post a dream code later if you'd like to see my house
#3IkedaTeramusaPosted 7/8/2013 4:30:04 PM
Here's what I did for 2m HHA points (you only need 1.1m for the golden mailbox).

Outside: Grass roof, log cabin exterior, hedge fence
Main Room: Green set (gemmed) (plus fruit sets)
Back Room: Cabin set (plus totems and cactii)
Right Room: Modern Wood, all my japanese DLC items, big plants
Left Room: Alpine set (most of my flowers)
Upstairs: Blue set (with animals) (gemmed) (lots of bonzai's)

Basement doesn't count towards it so I didn't bother. It was storage for my feng shui set up.
---
FC: 4081-5499-1094
#4loremipsoniumPosted 7/8/2013 4:31:03 PM
Lol nevermind, I just read your post.
#5Joche7566(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 4:34:48 PM
IkedaTeramusa posted...
Here's what I did for 2m HHA points (you only need 1.1m for the golden mailbox).

Outside: Grass roof, log cabin exterior, hedge fence
Main Room: Green set (gemmed) (plus fruit sets)
Back Room: Cabin set (plus totems and cactii)
Right Room: Modern Wood, all my japanese DLC items, big plants
Left Room: Alpine set (most of my flowers)
Upstairs: Blue set (with animals) (gemmed) (lots of bonzai's)

Basement doesn't count towards it so I didn't bother. It was storage for my feng shui set up.

Seems we picked the same theme and had the same train of thought then. That's all the sets I chose as well. I was thinking about Gemming my Green set, I figured it'd look nice too. What exactly do you mean by "Fruit sets" however? Did you just have Fruit in baskets? Or the Fruit Furniture? I'll have to look up the Totem sets, I have been asking on the online board for Cactii but no one seems to have it for sale =/... Great idea on alpine set with flowers, and again, what all do you mean with animals on the blue set? The teddy bears? Anyway, I appreciate your feedback!! Is there any way I could get your dream address to take a look at your house??
---
#6danmiy12Posted 7/8/2013 4:35:53 PM
Right now I'm at 117k with only 1 completed set without the theme challenge..only thing I can say is follow a theme in each room (or make every room the same theme if you are doing the challenge) and if you can make every item the same color or as many as you can...both of those add a lot of points...also get the bug/fish of the season for a ton of lucky item points 7777 each, there isn't a item for lucky bonus like there was in June (it was carnations) August though has fireworks as a lucky item...

Also completing sets seems to give the biggest bonus over everything else...try to complete a room in every room except the basement since that doesn't count(I'm still working on this I'm nearly done completing the rococo, alpine, kiddy stuff) then there are item sets like the cat set (all 4 lucky cats) the bear set (the 3 teddy bears) and a couple others...
---
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615 pm me if you want to add me
3DS Animal Crossing Dream Suite code:4800-2162-0388
#7IkedaTeramusaPosted 7/8/2013 4:40:59 PM
I'm trying to find the exact site that I used.

By "fruits" I mean stuff like apple clock, apple TV, grapefruit table, kiwi chair, lemon table etc.

Basically you WANT to strip EVERYTHING out of your house not labelled as "rustic" cause it'll hurt your score. I've changed up my house already since I hit it but if you'd like I could still let you have the dream code. The rococo room is what used to be cabin though. (I'm currently in the middle of another remodel :-) ) Once I find the search site I used, I'll post it. Basically I went down a list of all "rustic" items and removed anything not on the list. Then I evened out the rooms so they looked good to me. The feng shui stuff is non-sense as far as points goes. I just kinda steamrolled through it.
---
#8Joche7566(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 4:45:42 PM
IkedaTeramusa posted...
I'm trying to find the exact site that I used.

By "fruits" I mean stuff like apple clock, apple TV, grapefruit table, kiwi chair, lemon table etc.

Basically you WANT to strip EVERYTHING out of your house not labelled as "rustic" cause it'll hurt your score. I've changed up my house already since I hit it but if you'd like I could still let you have the dream code. The rococo room is what used to be cabin though. (I'm currently in the middle of another remodel :-) ) Once I find the search site I used, I'll post it. Basically I went down a list of all "rustic" items and removed anything not on the list. Then I evened out the rooms so they looked good to me. The feng shui stuff is non-sense as far as points goes. I just kinda steamrolled through it.

Nevermind my inbox message then! Haha. Thanks, I think that actually helps a lot. I had a lot of non-rustic sets so now that I know that anything other than rustic hurts my score I'll adjust and move stuff around. Hoping I can get the rest of my rewards soon :) Still wish I knew what happened to my Golden House Model reward =/ When did you get yours?
---
#9IkedaTeramusaPosted 7/8/2013 4:45:50 PM
http://moridb.com/items/sets/

That site has all the things. Go categories, furniture, and then Rustic for theme. That'll show you everything you can use in your house.

My address is 5700-2137-0481.

The center, left, right, and for the most part upstairs all have the sets I used. You'll see all the extra stuff cluttering it up. (nevermind the basement... that started as a joke and went too far too fast)
---
#10IkedaTeramusaPosted 7/8/2013 4:50:03 PM
HHA Tee: (got this)
Get a score of 10,000

HHA Pennant: (got this)
Get a score of 20,000

Arched Golden Door: (got this)
Get a score 700,000

Silver HHA Plaque: (didn't get this)
Get a score of 30,000

Silver HHA Trophy: (didn't get this)