This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Time Travelers: Not the heroes we deserve, but the ones we need.

#1DracovisPosted 7/11/2013 8:32:35 AM
Time Travelers: Not the heroes we deserve, but the ones we need.

Since the beginning of the Animal Crossing series, there have been ways to exploit and "cheat" in order to get through the game faster or to illicit positive outcomes. Most notable of these exploits is Time Traveling (or TTing). Through every game it's been a possibility and has been hated in our society. Even though it's detectable by the game itself, it is still allowed. Even Nintendo has TTed to complete their Dream Suite town. But then why all the hate? Why all the animosity? Simply put; we need it.

Why do we need to HATE time traveling? Not just consider it a waste, but to outwardly hate it and shun people who use it? In a game where trading online is a huge part of the game, the economy of can go up and down, or just become worthless. Massive amounts of bells are being produced by the Stalk Market, and with the new arrival of the island, bells are in no short supply. What is in short supply? Items you want! This is where TTing come into nessecity. Or anyway, the HATE of TTing does.

If we were all fine or at least just OKAY with TTer's, it would be a short step over the line into TTing yourself to get that ONE roccoco piece, or finding a royal crown. And once you embark on that slippery slope, you may just be a TTer for life. The only thing stopping us is that it is utterly DESPISED by the Animal Crossing Community.

This means that the currency for items isn't really bells, it's time. Items without TTing are more valuable, because they're more rare. Mass TTing would disrupt this balance between Time/Items/Bells, and we'd be stuck with a useless currency in a game where anything is too easily achieved.

In short, we need TTers to hate, and TTers need to be hated. Not because they're wrong, but because it's nessecary.
---
--My 3DS Friend Code: 1736-0728-6052
SoulSilver Friend Code: 0088-5705-0198
#2Super_ChelseaPosted 7/11/2013 8:34:45 AM
Time Travelers are cheaters. The developers said so themselves.

Deal with it.
---
3DS: 3351-4748-7182
#3Dracovis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 8:36:52 AM
Super_Chelsea posted...

Deal with it.

Oh that's fine. I don't Time Travel anyway, I'm not saying you should. I'm just saying it's important that we don't :D your comment is moot.
---
#4koolkid7111Posted 7/11/2013 8:37:12 AM
Oh god not another thread
---
3DS FC: 4725-8991-9337
Name: Thad Town: Lumonia
#5GodTazPosted 7/11/2013 8:37:36 AM
YOUR ENTIRE THREAD IS MOOT.
---
Everything is only as it is.
#6elitefox230Posted 7/11/2013 8:38:01 AM
nothing wrong with time travellers its there game only gunna spoil it for themselfs
#7Link_AJPosted 7/11/2013 8:39:00 AM
Super_Chelsea posted...

Deal with it.

This.

/topic

No seriously, if you think, "durrr TT is okay its their game" then play something else. This game was designed to be real time. That's what makes AC unique.

inb4: durrrr but i paid for the game so i plays it how i like MURICA
---
3DS FC: AJ - 0387-8767-1340
#8Dracovis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 8:39:06 AM
koolkid7111 posted...
Oh god not another thread

Maybe I should've put a disclaimer that this isn't to justify anything, it's more of a philosophical approach to understand our views...

I'm a philosophy graduate, this is LITERALLY the only thing I can do with my degree, gimme a break.
---
#9AkaimizuPosted 7/11/2013 8:41:44 AM
There's more threads complaining about Time Traveler hate than threads that actually hate on them. In fact, it seems there's seldom actual hate topics but a plethora of Time Traveler support topics.

Unlike actual MMOs, their playstyle and its effects aren't forced upon the players at large. So most people simply don't care enough about what they do. Especially with this game.
---
Check out my Animal Crossing Remixes at:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzIIDVp2_oUgB4EqH5IpevzwWlMxKMPvy
#10Dracovis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 8:47:36 AM(edited)
Akaimizu posted...
There's more threads complaining about Time Traveler hate than threads that actually hate on them. In fact, it seems there's seldom actual hate topics but a plethora of Time Traveler support topics.

I would agree with your observation that there's more TT support threads, but that just means that there IS a large hate-factor with a lot of players, and that's necessary to keep the economy running. Would you agree?
---