This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you use the fence for?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. What do you use the fence for?
3 years ago#1
So far I've only used it to plant flowers in. I was thinking of eventually planting bushes instead to make it look more eye appealing.

What have you guys used it for?
Friend Code: 4098-3079-3509 (Nathan)
AC NL Town Name: Malpine
3 years ago#2
4 red roses, which so far haven't given me ANY hybrids at all. I get more hybrids with the flowers I have near the left side town border wall than with the fenced ones. I may plant them somewhere else and use the fence for bushes too.
Currently playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3 years ago#3
I haven't built a fence yet mostly because I don't really have anything special to put in it. If you can have money trees again in this game (I haven't looked yet), I might eventually build one to hold the money tree du jour.
Please insert witty quote here.
3 years ago#4
The Fence seems more of an outdoor storage facility for flowers and such for which you know will remain completely protected from any Neighbor moving in intrusions. Like other public-works projects, it is a protected zone.

However, I did notice that flowers tend to behave a little different in the fence. They seem not to spread flowers to other spaces while in the fence like the flowers do, outside of the fence.

Now, case in point, *some* flowers seem to spawn, while other flowers I've actually seen neighbors actually place there. They seem to actually place a flower of the same type (but not necessarily the same color) by other flowers, every once in a while.

Anyway, I've relegated the fence as a flower-storing spot but not one used to cultivate and grow more. Just a place to put flower hybrids I intend to hold onto.
Check out my Animal Crossing Remixes at:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzIIDVp2_oUgB4EqH5IpevzwWlMxKMPvy
3 years ago#5
The_Kongs posted...
So far I've only used it to plant flowers in. I was thinking of eventually planting bushes instead to make it look more eye appealing.

What have you guys used it for?

I haven't used it, I did what you said and planted a big rectangle of bushes and put a garden inside of it for growing hybrids. Just don't forget to make an entrance!
PSN: aukevin
3DS: 2766-8505-0822
3 years ago#6
I don't think you can plant bushes, correct me if i am wrong? There's only 2x3 spaces in there, do bushes do okay directly next to a pwp? They don't grow next to my lamps..
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 Locked @ 2837 Karma
http://shattered-earth.com
3 years ago#7
I think it's useful for "holding" a spot for a later PWP you want. Just demolish it and rebuild whatever you want in its place, it'll prevent new neighbors from unintentionally screwing up your PWP plans.
"One Xbox to rule them all, One Kinect to find them, One time in 24 hours to check their licenses, and in the used market deny them." -DankAssSlurpee
3 years ago#8
Oh, my bad, I thought it was a 3x3 space inside.

Guess there goes my idea for a money tree spot. :p
Please insert witty quote here.
3 years ago#9
I'm building it tonight. Intending to store my hybrids and keep people from moving into a chunk of land that I want open.
ACNL: River from Galifrey
FC 3153-4194-4114
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. What do you use the fence for?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived