This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you use the fence for?

#1The_KongsPosted 7/11/2013 8:56:32 AM
So far I've only used it to plant flowers in. I was thinking of eventually planting bushes instead to make it look more eye appealing.

What have you guys used it for?
---
Friend Code: 4098-3079-3509 (Nathan)
AC NL Town Name: Malpine
#2ac_helperPosted 7/11/2013 8:59:24 AM
4 red roses, which so far haven't given me ANY hybrids at all. I get more hybrids with the flowers I have near the left side town border wall than with the fenced ones. I may plant them somewhere else and use the fence for bushes too.
---
Currently playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#3StormfeatherPosted 7/11/2013 9:02:43 AM
I haven't built a fence yet mostly because I don't really have anything special to put in it. If you can have money trees again in this game (I haven't looked yet), I might eventually build one to hold the money tree du jour.
---
Please insert witty quote here.
#4AkaimizuPosted 7/11/2013 9:08:46 AM
The Fence seems more of an outdoor storage facility for flowers and such for which you know will remain completely protected from any Neighbor moving in intrusions. Like other public-works projects, it is a protected zone.

However, I did notice that flowers tend to behave a little different in the fence. They seem not to spread flowers to other spaces while in the fence like the flowers do, outside of the fence.

Now, case in point, *some* flowers seem to spawn, while other flowers I've actually seen neighbors actually place there. They seem to actually place a flower of the same type (but not necessarily the same color) by other flowers, every once in a while.

Anyway, I've relegated the fence as a flower-storing spot but not one used to cultivate and grow more. Just a place to put flower hybrids I intend to hold onto.
---
Check out my Animal Crossing Remixes at:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzIIDVp2_oUgB4EqH5IpevzwWlMxKMPvy
#5aukevinPosted 7/11/2013 9:09:54 AM
The_Kongs posted...
So far I've only used it to plant flowers in. I was thinking of eventually planting bushes instead to make it look more eye appealing.

What have you guys used it for?

I haven't used it, I did what you said and planted a big rectangle of bushes and put a garden inside of it for growing hybrids. Just don't forget to make an entrance!
---
PSN: aukevin
3DS: 2766-8505-0822
#6AnimeJet_V2Posted 7/11/2013 9:09:59 AM
I don't think you can plant bushes, correct me if i am wrong? There's only 2x3 spaces in there, do bushes do okay directly next to a pwp? They don't grow next to my lamps..
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 Locked @ 2837 Karma
http://shattered-earth.com
#7DexterTheThirdPosted 7/11/2013 9:11:50 AM
I think it's useful for "holding" a spot for a later PWP you want. Just demolish it and rebuild whatever you want in its place, it'll prevent new neighbors from unintentionally screwing up your PWP plans.
---
"One Xbox to rule them all, One Kinect to find them, One time in 24 hours to check their licenses, and in the used market deny them." -DankAssSlurpee
#8StormfeatherPosted 7/11/2013 9:14:04 AM
Oh, my bad, I thought it was a 3x3 space inside.

Guess there goes my idea for a money tree spot. :p
---
Please insert witty quote here.
#9mizzkaylaaPosted 7/11/2013 2:21:00 PM
I'm building it tonight. Intending to store my hybrids and keep people from moving into a chunk of land that I want open.
---
ACNL: River from Galifrey
FC 3153-4194-4114