This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Spotpass issues

#1PhillthomPosted 7/13/2013 9:56:24 PM
Am I missing something here? I walk past two hotspots on my way to and from work and yet haven't received either a Nook Clock or a Shaved Ice Lamp (I'm I'm the UK). My DS is set up to receive spotpass and everything yet nothings come through.

You you actually have to stay at the spot and download it manually or should they come through automatically just by passing?
#2Kellye8498Posted 7/13/2013 10:01:06 PM
You need to go to the post office in game and tell it that you want to online gift.
---
FC: 5214-9412-4929
#3Phillthom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 6:17:45 AM
I tried that, but Pelly gave me the 'you've already had this month's present' speech. Do you have to connect to the Internet at the hotspot to receive it?
#4yasoukyokuPosted 7/14/2013 6:25:12 AM
You have to actually go to a Nintendo Zone (not any hotspot will do) and then download it in-game while being connected. (You can fake a Nintendo Zone by connecting to any hotspot with SSID "_The Cloud" though).

While some giveaways have been done by SpotPass, they've currently only been in Japan/Korea (letters from Nintendo) and America (SpotPass StreetPasses), with Europe getting nothing.
#5Phillthom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 8:40:02 AM
I tried the renaming trick but my DS refused to connect. Anyway I called at one of the hotspots (which is a Nintendo zone as I thought) on my way home from work today and it worked! Helloooo shaved ice lamp! If only I'd known, I could have gotten that awesome Nook clock!