This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

White police cap now being distributed (PAL regions)

#1Mario maniacPosted 7/14/2013 10:36:58 PM(edited)
(I didn't see a topic like this, so...)

A few important things:

- this means the shaved-ice lamp has now ceased distribution around PAL territories; prices on the online board may spike for a while*
- the cap can only be obtained by downloading from a PAL region Nintendo Zone; scroll down for more info
- unlike the lamp, the cap can be re-ordered so don't get scammed.

The police cap will be distributed until the end of the month, I think.

*Edit: Posts below mention the current duplication glitch, suggesting prices may actually fall; makes sense, so be wary.
---
3DS FC: 5327-0923-7747
New Leaf: Adam in Animal C
#2ozpokefanPosted 7/14/2013 10:15:35 PM
Could someone please explain to me how these DLC are distributed (i.e. what do I need to go to receive them)?

I've been playing the game for almost a week and didn't receive the shaved-ice lamp. I am from Australia (which I understand to be in the PAL region).
---
Black 1 - 0519 4892 3250 Black 2 - 4427 7411 9700 Pawn Shop Manager
"I come from a land down under" by Men at Work
#3LuciaMewPosted 7/14/2013 10:16:54 PM
Have you check out the dupe topic?
#4ozpokefanPosted 7/14/2013 10:21:25 PM
No I haven't at this point - thanks for the idea. I presume this means that a way has been discovered to duplicate - however I don't have one of the lamps to start with.

I would also appreciate it if someone could explain what exactly I need to do to get future items. I thought I just had to go to the post office but I haven't received anything when I have tried the last few days. Is there something different I need to do to get DLCs?
---
Black 1 - 0519 4892 3250 Black 2 - 4427 7411 9700 Pawn Shop Manager
"I come from a land down under" by Men at Work
#5LuciaMewPosted 7/14/2013 10:24:52 PM
ozpokefan posted...
No I haven't at this point - thanks for the idea. I presume this means that a way has been discovered to duplicate - however I don't have one of the lamps to start with.

I would also appreciate it if someone could explain what exactly I need to do to get future items. I thought I just had to go to the post office but I haven't received anything when I have tried the last few days. Is there something different I need to do to get DLCs?

Due to the dupe incident, everything is dropping in value :) lamp are 500k for highest 10k for suggested lowest but I haven't seen one being sold at that price. You have to change the name of your network, depend on where you live.
#6Mario maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 10:29:02 PM
ozpokefan posted...
Could someone please explain to me how these DLC are distributed (i.e. what do I need to go to receive them)?

I've been playing the game for almost a week and didn't receive the shaved-ice lamp. I am from Australia (which I understand to be in the PAL region).

If you have an iPhone (you can use a router by changing its SSID but smartphones are much quicker in the long run), go to Settings > General > About

Change the name of the device to "_The Cloud" (remove the speech marks but type the rest exactly)

Create a new connection on your 3DS to the new SSID name (if you can, put it as "Connection 1"; it takes priority over other connections and means you won't have to keep deleting other connections later)

Run the connection test (you'll need to do this every time you turn the smartphone hotspot on); when you go to the 3DS main menu after a moment you'll receive a notification you're in a Nintendo Zone

Claim your present from Pelly/Phyllis. :)

Hope that explains it. Not sure if changing your router SSID is a different process, I use my iPhone.
---
#7hellokittygirl1Posted 7/14/2013 10:29:03 PM
I would also like to know how to get Aussie DLC. We don't have nintendo zones and google hasn't been much help.

Also I am NOT duping, so don't suggest that lol
---
3DS Friend Code: 3368-1648-7922 Leah
Dream Code: 6900-2332-8545
#8hellokittygirl1Posted 7/14/2013 10:30:17 PM
Mario maniac posted...
ozpokefan posted...

If you have an iPhone (you can use a router by changing its SSID but smartphones are much quicker in the long run), go to Settings > General > About

Change the name of the device to "_The Cloud" (remove the speech marks but type the rest exactly)

Create a new connection on your 3DS to the new SSID name (if you can, put it as "Connection 1"; it takes priority over other connections and means you won't have to keep deleting other connections later)

Run the connection test (you'll need to do this every time you turn the smartphone hotspot on); when you go to the 3DS main menu after a moment you'll receive a notification you're in a Nintendo Zone

Hope that explains it. Not sure if changing your router SSID is a different process, I use my iPhone.

Thanks! That is the best advice I've had on this so far XD
---
3DS Friend Code: 3368-1648-7922 Leah
Dream Code: 6900-2332-8545
#9Mario maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 10:31:24 PM
hellokittygirl1 posted...
Mario maniac posted...
ozpokefan posted...

Thanks! That is the best advice I've had on this so far XD

Oh, and I'm Aussie too so it defs works here ha.
---
#10LuciaMewPosted 7/14/2013 10:31:53 PM
I just want everyone to know that due to the dupe the DLC lamps might not have such high value so they won't stock a lot of lamps and end up wasting their bell and times :)