This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resetting for villager pictures

#1Blade_KirbyPosted 7/15/2013 3:21:50 PM
For those of you who have successfully obtained a villager picture by resetting, about how long did it take you?

Ruby asked for a Coelacanth today and while I have an extra and would love to have her picture, I've reset about 10 times so far and haven't gotten anything noteworthy. She has been here since I started playing (June 11th), and I've been really friendly with her, doing what she asks and sending her letters.

Does it sound like I'm just having bad luck and should just keep trying or does it typically happen a lot quicker than 10 tries?
---
I want to find the developers of this game and shoot them in the face with a bean bag. - Topcover on APB
They're too busy being homeless. - Laquill
#2FryerPosted 7/15/2013 3:27:19 PM
If she gives you clothes its not gonna happen. If she occasionally gives you spotlight items you will eventually get it.
---
3DS FC: 0087 2854 5464
XBOX and PSN: Fryerisgod
#3Blade_Kirby(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 3:43:59 PM
Hmm what about a wallpaper? She tried that once. Don't think it was a special one either.
---
I want to find the developers of this game and shoot them in the face with a bean bag. - Topcover on APB
#4FryerPosted 7/15/2013 3:47:15 PM
Blade_Kirby posted...
Hmm what about a wallpaper? She tried that once. Don't think it was a special one either.

Wallpaper is OK. If you haven't gotten a spotlight item by now then it isn't gonna happen.
---
#5TimidTaguelPosted 7/15/2013 3:51:56 PM
What exactly is considered a "spotlight item"? Is it just any rare item?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3651-6341
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#6FryerPosted 7/15/2013 3:57:06 PM
TimidTaguel posted...
What exactly is considered a "spotlight item"? Is it just any rare item?

Spotlight items are special pieces of furniture that show up as spotlight sales in the store. They will only show up for the spotlight sale. Some examples are the moon and space console.
---
#7SonnyResettiPosted 7/15/2013 4:00:13 PM
You know something, TC, people like you need to learn some respect. When a villager gives you their picture, it's supposed to MEAN something. It means they like you enough to give you a little momento, make you think about them now and then, you know? Maybe put it on your nightstand. Me? Not a fan of all that cutesy stuff. But I can understand where they're coming from.

And you're tellin' us how you're going to exploit some cheap little reset trick to get their picture the easy way?

THAT'S NOT HOW LIFE WORKS, PAL! If someone gave you a nice present, you don't just say "Oh, no, I wanted something deeply personal from you instead, take this junk back!" No, you suck it up, you accept their gift like a gentleman, and you work on building a better relationship! Then the picture will actually mean something, instead of being some cheap little trophy you used an innocent animal to get.

And lay off the junk food. It's not healthy to eat so much of it.
#8DjSleepyDPosted 7/15/2013 4:02:15 PM
i did this successfully last night and this morning (getting alice and blaires pictures) for alice it took about 30 times and blaire only took about 10
---
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and frankly I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein FC 3067-4815-1731
#9TheodoraDeCuirPosted 7/15/2013 4:03:16 PM
SonnyResetti posted...
You know something, TC, people like you need to learn some respect. When a villager gives you their picture, it's supposed to MEAN something. It means they like you enough to give you a little momento, make you think about them now and then, you know? Maybe put it on your nightstand. Me? Not a fan of all that cutesy stuff. But I can understand where they're coming from.

And you're tellin' us how you're going to exploit some cheap little reset trick to get their picture the easy way?

THAT'S NOT HOW LIFE WORKS, PAL! If someone gave you a nice present, you don't just say "Oh, no, I wanted something deeply personal from you instead, take this junk back!" No, you suck it up, you accept their gift like a gentleman, and you work on building a better relationship! Then the picture will actually mean something, instead of being some cheap little trophy you used an innocent animal to get.

At first, I was like, "o.O".

Then I saw the name attached to this post.

Now I'm like, "xDDDD!"

All of the high fives to you.
---
ACNL Dream Towns - Glaischu: 7000-2146-9702 | Glaischu 2.0: 6800-2338-8183
My Animal Crossing QR Codes: http://afislife.tumblr.com/tagged/QR-Codes
#10Blade_Kirby(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 4:52:07 PM
SonnyResetti posted...

Ok I lol'd.
---