This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

REALLY??? why does this happen to meh???

#1AceLovaPosted 7/15/2013 8:24:30 PM
so i was on club tortimer right. and i was paired with this 21 year old japanese girl named Manaka or whatever. so apart from the huge language barrier i was able to pick up that she wanted my friend code. so we exchanged friend codes and what not. then shortly afterwards she started counting down for some reason. and after she got to one, she must have turned her wifi off or something cause the connection was lost. after i had spent about 20 minutes there and had already caught a lot of very rare fish and beetles. i am very angry!!!! but anyways, if you run into a girl named Manaka on club tortimer, then LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!!
---
my animal crossing new leaf friend code, 3480-2964-0519
#2AnimeJet_V2Posted 7/15/2013 8:26:56 PM
I've met a japanese player that counted down 3 2 1 as well, i assume they are waiting for others to say stop if they needed to save because a lot of people island hop to find rare items and turning wifi off is faster than talking to leilani?

No idea though..
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 Locked @ 2837 Karma
http://shattered-earth.com
#3MeatballsoupPosted 7/15/2013 8:27:23 PM
Whyyyyyyy

do people do important stuff on wifi
#4AceLova(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 8:30:02 PM
AnimeJet_V2 posted...
I've met a japanese player that counted down 3 2 1 as well, i assume they are waiting for others to say stop if they needed to save because a lot of people island hop to find rare items and turning wifi off is faster than talking to leilani?

No idea though..

yeah maybe she wanted me to say stop. but this is the first time that somebody has done that to me before so i didn't know what to expect O_O
---
#5PentaoPosted 7/15/2013 8:33:43 PM
Meatballsoup posted...
Whyyyyyyy

This lol. Why would you farm stuff while on something that's not stable?
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#6AceLova(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 8:35:58 PM
Pentao posted...
Meatballsoup posted...
Whyyyyyyy

This lol. Why would you farm stuff while on something that's not stable?

idk, i got bored. plus that usually doesn't happen to me so i wasn't expecting her to do something like that
---
#7JennDoombringerPosted 7/15/2013 8:41:44 PM
How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
Iíve got nowhere to run
The night goes on
As Iím fading away
Iím sick of this life
I just wanna scream

For some reason, the topic title made me think of this song.

Anyway, TC, now you know why nobody goes to the Wi-Fi islands unless they either want to meet people or see what's in stock in the gift shops. No one goes there to do things they can easily do on their own island.
---
I'm Comrade Jenny, crushing capitalist pigs in Animal Crossing for Glorious Mother New Ohio!
3DS FC: 4785-4615-0587 ACNL: Jenny from New Ohio
#8AceLova(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 8:44:39 PM
JennDoombringer posted...
I made my mistakes
Iíve got nowhere to run
The night goes on
As Iím fading away
Iím sick of this life
I just wanna scream

Anyway, TC, now you know why nobody goes to the Wi-Fi islands unless they either want to meet people or see what's in stock in the gift shops. No one goes there to do things they can easily do on their own island.

lol, the song
i usually find ppl who are also fishing and getting rare beetles and stuff. so actually a lot of people go to the wifi islands to make money and do important stuff.
---
#9JennDoombringerPosted 7/15/2013 8:49:43 PM
AceLova posted...
JennDoombringer posted...
I made my mistakes
Iíve got nowhere to run
The night goes on
As Iím fading away
Iím sick of this life
I just wanna scream

lol, the song
i usually find ppl who are also fishing and getting rare beetles and stuff. so actually a lot of people go to the wifi islands to make money and do important stuff.

I guess some people do. Doesn't make it too smart. On your own island, you don't have to risk losing anything due to someone disconnecting like that. I've never encountered these griefers, but I haven't really spent much time on the islands other than my own (I talked to a few people when I first earned my Club Tortimer membership, but then I ended up using the other islands to get two extra shots at finding Mermaid items each day until I completed that set, at which point I stuck to my own island).
---
I'm Comrade Jenny, crushing capitalist pigs in Animal Crossing for Glorious Mother New Ohio!
3DS FC: 4785-4615-0587 ACNL: Jenny from New Ohio
#10AnimeJet_V2Posted 7/15/2013 8:51:11 PM
Well just FYI to people asking about why hunting on tortimer islands, it worth noting that going to an international island can often land you on a night island when you are at a time zone that's the day time, so you can beetle hunt even when beetles aren't normally out :O
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 Locked @ 2837 Karma
http://shattered-earth.com