This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Summer Fish question

#1gvampPosted 7/15/2013 11:23:36 PM
I only need three more summer fish save for the ones that come out next month those being the saddled birchir, the arrowana and the arapima. Is there any certain that they're out more frequently then others?

Also will the town's shape play a part in rare fish/bugs appearing? Right now my town isn't the best of shape I have trash laying around in hopes of getting the trash bin public works project but so far to no avail. Also what about feng shui is that part of the game this time around? I know it was in the first game and I think City folk had it too.
---
Owner of 3DS XL, PS Vita, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U Deluxe and a gaming PC.
#2PokegirlPosted 7/15/2013 11:30:20 PM
Arrowana, Arapima and Saddled Birchir are all night fish. The first two start appearing at 4PM and leave at 9AM, while the Birchir appears at 9PM and leaves at 4AM. I don't think the town condition plays any part in it, but Feng Shui is an element.
---
How does one go about keeping faith in humanity? I keep losing mine....
Black 2 FC: 4513-9150-7298 3DS FC:5172-0461-6925 ACDA:5100-2293-0751
#3RaizunPosted 7/15/2013 11:32:17 PM
Welp, I apparently have a landfill right now because I just started over and brought over a bunch of my old items. But I went fishing about 2 hours ago and easily caught the arrowana and arapima almost back to back, which I've never even encountered in my old town. My old town had a pretty straight river in the middle, except for one corner turn. The one I have now has 2 U's in it, if this information will help.

Pretty sure trash doesn't affect it since I'm getting more rare fish this time around. You can also just buy a trash can from somewhere instead of waiting for the public work. I found on through street pass and ordered one straightaway.
---
FC: 4597-0571-1300, Town Name: Azalea
Mission: Stuff Animal Crossing with as much kawaii as possible.
#4PokegirlPosted 7/15/2013 11:37:14 PM
Raizun posted...

You can also just buy a trash can from somewhere instead of waiting for the public work. I found on through street pass and ordered one straightaway.

If you can find the house trash can item TC, I would recommend getting it instead of the PWP one. The public one has a fairly negative impact on your town's rating, so it will make getting Perfect Town more difficult.
---
How does one go about keeping faith in humanity? I keep losing mine....
Black 2 FC: 4513-9150-7298 3DS FC:5172-0461-6925 ACDA:5100-2293-0751
#5gvamp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 1:05:18 PM
Thanks for the info I'll be buying a trash can for the house next time I see it in the shop. Also I'll be arranging my house for feng shui so maybe that'll increase my odds of rare fish.

A lot of the rare bugs aren't showing up either in my town. I thought about clear cutting most of my town for in hopes that more tarantulas and scorpions would appear but I don't know if I want to do that.
---
Owner of 3DS XL, PS Vita, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U Deluxe and a gaming PC.
#6byte_girlPosted 7/16/2013 1:15:30 PM
I shook a trash can out of a tree last week. So make sure you do that too.