This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so the moving in villagers will not place their houses in..

#1FlootenkerpPosted 7/18/2013 2:18:55 PM
the spot with ground patters.. i have an expected villager (Rolf) that will reserve a house in my town.. i did the villager reset trick to at least choose which spot he will take.. and interestingly, his house is aligned to my ground patterns.. always on side and not overlapping... have reset for about 5 times and no pattern is lost..

is this always true?
---
Flootenkerp
3DS FC: 3437 3068 7839 || Town: SixEcho
#2SkizzePosted 7/18/2013 3:20:36 PM
Flootenkerp posted...
the spot with ground patters.. i have an expected villager (Rolf) that will reserve a house in my town.. i did the villager reset trick to at least choose which spot he will take.. and interestingly, his house is aligned to my ground patterns.. always on side and not overlapping... have reset for about 5 times and no pattern is lost..

is this always true?

These guys move where ever the hell they want, pattern of not. Sucks. You just got lucky it seems. Wish i had that much luck.
---
DeviantART: skizze-filadelfo.deviantart.com
Tumblr: skizzefiladelfo.tumblr.com
#3Flootenkerp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 10:37:57 PM
yeah... well i know that if you put a ground pattern in the plaza.. it will be removed if redd or katrina is in town.. im assuming because its the default place they put the tent...

im not sure though if the game considers the pattern if there is a moving villager... like if there's a pattern, choose a spot where there's none since there's so many avaiable...
---
Flootenkerp
3DS FC: 3437 3068 7839 || Town: SixEcho
#4TimeWalk3rPosted 7/19/2013 2:27:41 AM
I've already seen pics where some villager moved right into their road patterns. So, no. They'll move wherever they want and remove every pattern, flower and trees that are in their way.
#5JamkenPosted 7/19/2013 3:52:18 AM
What if there are items in the way? One of my new villagers avoided them, could just be a coincidence though.
---
3DS FC: 0430 8296 8263
#6codya30Posted 7/19/2013 4:02:24 AM
I've had a villager move right into a spot that a previous villager just vacated...
I think there are only certain spots where they'll move. Maybe if you're too worried about it, just keep doing your resets til you see. Keep track of where they're being put, don't put your pattern there.
---
huzzah the poobah! oranges are oranges and nut cakes aren't fruit cakes...
GT: TurqoiseSage3 & 3DS: 0817 4127 2973
#7Ampharos64Posted 7/19/2013 6:05:18 AM(edited)
codya30 posted...
I've had a villager move right into a spot that a previous villager just vacated...
I think there are only certain spots where they'll move.

I do think there has to be some kind of logic behind where the game decides to place houses (though it may not seem like it to players who've had stuff ruined by them, if it exists it's probably a priority system with a bit of randomness), it just seems too coincidental otherwise, all the times I've done the villager reset trick the same locations were chosen on multiple resets (ie. a particular spot in between the town hall and my house, had to reset more than once when the new plot showed up there), despite all the space everywhere else they could have picked but never did. I think a tendency for houses to cluster together may be part of it.
---
3DS FC: 2277 6741 7893
AC:NL Ash in Mizuho
#8FutureshadowsPosted 7/20/2013 3:08:28 AM
Ampharos64 posted...
codya30 posted...
I think there are only certain spots where they'll move.

I do think there has to be some kind of logic behind where the game decides to place houses (though it may not seem like it to players who've had stuff ruined by them, if it exists it's probably a priority system with a bit of randomness), it just seems too coincidental otherwise, all the times I've done the villager reset trick the same locations were chosen on multiple resets (ie. a particular spot in between the town hall and my house, had to reset more than once when the new plot showed up there), despite all the space everywhere else they could have picked but never did. I think a tendency for houses to cluster together may be part of it.

It was really stupid in Wild World to always show the potential home locations with useless signs...
#9Sandor_ClausePosted 7/20/2013 3:09:39 AM
Futureshadows posted...
It was really stupid in Wild World to always show the potential home locations with useless signs...

The signs were ugly, but at least you could use them to find out where they would put their houses and plan accordingly.
---
3DS: 5300 8777 2568
#10Edgemaster70000Posted 7/20/2013 4:37:00 AM
Flootenkerp posted...
yeah... well i know that if you put a ground pattern in the plaza.. it will be removed if redd or katrina is in town.. im assuming because its the default place they put the tent...

im not sure though if the game considers the pattern if there is a moving villager... like if there's a pattern, choose a spot where there's none since there's so many avaiable...

Why do so many people talk like this.....where instead of typing proper sentences, they just do this.....over and over.....with more periods than actual letters...........
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.