This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Purple Pansies

#1LiquefyPosted 7/19/2013 5:44:23 AM
I got my second Purple Pansies! It appeared next to Orange Pansies and Blue Pansies. This combination is certainly easier than using the Orange-Pansies-spawned-from-Blue-Pansies methodology mentioned in at least one of the Japanese guides.

I got my first Purple Pansies from Red-Pansies-spawned-from-Blue-Pansies, so that methodology is confirmed to work (see a now-archived topic).

Do not rely on what the Prima guide says. It is unreliable for hybrid information.
#2GodTazPosted 7/19/2013 5:55:43 AM
Call me when you find the super secret efficient way to get Blue roses.

Been watering a field of 9 red (orange/purple) roses for the past 5 days or so, and nothing.
---
Everything is only as it is.
#3Liquefy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 6:20:36 AM
GodTaz posted...
Call me when you find the super secret efficient way to get Blue roses.

Been watering a field of 9 red (orange/purple) roses for the past 5 days or so, and nothing.

Only five days? It will likely take much longer, given the apparent small probability of spawning. I've obtained only one Blue Roses, and I've been playing this game for eight months. I did get it on a day after I used Fertilizer, but I've used Fertilizer dozens of times since without subsequent success.
#4lucyrules20Posted 7/19/2013 6:33:42 AM
I was just about to relegate all my orange pansies (spawned from red x yellow) to grass upkeep, but if orange x blue works I will try it o:
---
3DS FC: 3222-6267-5041
Currently in China (-12 hours from US EST)
#5ThadBarrPosted 7/19/2013 7:11:52 AM
Yay and congratulations! I suppose I know what my next breeding project is going to be. By the way, I'm back from vacation, I'll be getting in touch via PM about EU events soon.
#6TheResidentEvilPosted 7/19/2013 7:20:19 AM
thanks for the heads up. I got like 3 blue and 4 orange so going to put them together
---
Name: LiamFC:3840 - 5923 - 1841Town:Gotham
#7MyDogSkipPosted 7/19/2013 7:50:43 AM
A good trick to help get the hybrids you want it to only water the flowers that will produce those hybrids. Once I had a few Black Roses I was consistently getting three or four per day by only watering the existing ones.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#8Mr_BondiPosted 7/19/2013 7:50:50 AM
Liquefy posted...
I got my second Purple Pansies! It appeared next to Orange Pansies and Blue Pansies. This combination is certainly easier than using the Orange-Pansies-spawned-from-Blue-Pansies methodology mentioned in at least one of the Japanese guides.

I got my first Purple Pansies from Red-Pansies-spawned-from-Blue-Pansies, so that methodology is confirmed to work (see a now-archived topic).

Do not rely on what the Prima guide says. It is unreliable for hybrid information.

First off THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO :D

Second, just to make sure I am doing this right, regular orange (from red + yellow) and regular blue (white + white) will work?
#9chameleonsoupPosted 7/19/2013 8:10:11 AM
Congratulations!
Purple pansies are really confusing me, please will you tell me if I have understood correctly? An orange pansy from red and yellow parents and a blue pansy with white parents? Place them next to each other? Placing blue and orange together for purple seems so daft I think I must have misunderstood somehow!
---
3ds 3952-6991-8891
Dream Suite 7900-2188-6942
#10J_NicsPosted 7/19/2013 10:28:17 AM(edited)
I have 2 orange pansies (spawned from blue and orange) that have spawned one purple pansy for me. I'll try mixing them in with my blue ones (spawned from 2 white).
---
When you get sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead.