This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stupid Scorpion...

#1NewLeafDivaPosted 7/19/2013 7:07:45 PM
Tonight, i saw my 2nd scorpion. The first time,it was near Main Street. I was too chicken, so i ran off into Main Street :/

But,tonight i told myself i would catch a scorpion or tarantula. After 15 minutes of hunting, i finally found him. Right as i was about to get my net out...SPLASH!!

Stupid scorpion drowned itself. :/ Just my luck.
---
Dun Dun Dun -The Croods
#2DG99Posted 7/19/2013 7:08:43 PM
NewLeafDiva posted...
I was too chicken, so i ran off into Main Street :/

---
'JournoJT':
http://www.JournoJT.com
#3TheRMisterDerpPosted 7/19/2013 7:15:19 PM
Protip

ALWAYS have your net or slingshot out

And don't wear the king tut mask or you will die.
---
"The problem with dead rising 3 is it's just another brown and gray open world zombie game with no real defining features" - wwesniper
#4darkknight109Posted 7/19/2013 7:24:27 PM
TheRMisterDerp posted...
Protip

Disagree. Having your net out is an excellent way to get stung when you run into a scorpion/tarantula you weren't expecting.

I always keep just the net and fishing rod in my inventory (the rest go into letters for storage and only get pulled out when I have need of them). When I'm hunting scorpions/tarantulas, I keep the rod out. Once I spot one, I just tap left or right to pull out the net, then get to hunting.

Also, since a surprising number of people don't know this, if you hold down the catch button with your net out, you go into "stealth mode". You move slower and more cautiously and are less likely to draw attention from bugs.
---
Kill 1 man: You are a murderer. Kill 10 men: You are a monster.
Kill 100 men: You are a hero. Kill 10,000 men, you are a conqueror!
#5CampeonZPosted 7/19/2013 7:35:15 PM
darkknight109 posted...
TheRMisterDerp posted...
Protip

Also, since a surprising number of people don't know this, if you hold down the catch button with your net out, you go into "stealth mode". You move slower and more cautiously and are less likely to draw attention from bugs.

Woow, really?? And that thing exists since the first animal crossing game.
---
My 3DS FC is: 2535-3747-2230 Name: Edusama.
Playing AC: New Leaf. Town: Ivalice. Dream Address: 4500-2137-08217
#6Dork_VaderPosted 7/19/2013 7:36:43 PM
Stealth mode wasn't in city folk as I recall.
---
http://tinyurl.com/coelacanth-shadow
3DS FC: 5043-1916-2602
#7CasperDarPosted 7/19/2013 7:37:33 PM
I'm seeing quite alot of posts about ''those darn tarantulas and scorpions''.
I caught both the first time I saw one, and every next one as well, I never seem to have any problems with them. I'm with you guys for moral support though! It must suck!
---
3DS Friend Code: 4768-8784-7745
#8JennDoombringerPosted 7/19/2013 8:06:38 PM
I got stung by the first scorpion I saw, because my view of it was obscured by some trees and I didn't have time to press up, so I just swung and hoped for the best.

The next two I approached in stealth mode. They both saw me and starting hissing and repeatedly jabbing the air with their tails menacingly, but just stayed where they were and let me catch them.
---
I'm Comrade Jenny, crushing capitalist pigs in Animal Crossing for Glorious Mother New Ohio!
3DS FC: 4785-4615-0587 ACNL: Jenny from New Ohio
#9JarickoPosted 7/19/2013 8:18:58 PM
I usually just inch my way up to things that are skiddish. Its how i catch the Gold Stag. I will try the net stealth thing tomarrow I guess.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!