This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I was to trade a villager, how would I do it?

#1Brony5evrPosted 7/21/2013 5:23:54 PM
So I have one villager that said he was moving out on the 24th today, and I don't really like him so I'm going to let him leave. But I also want other villagers that like, and I hear people trading villagers. How does the whole process work? What would I need to do to give someone my moving villager and take someone else's moving villager?
---
i m a brony 5 evr bcuz das moar den 4 ever
and i crid evertim
#2lalala2003Posted 7/21/2013 5:26:52 PM
They'd have to come to your town and talk to the villager that is moving in their house when they're all packed up and ready to move. Once they have convinced that villager to move you then go to that person's town and convince their moving villager to move to your town.
---
Name: Daniel
Friend Code: 5198-2483-6454 Dream Suite Code: 7100-2174-6619
#3Brony5evr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 5:29:01 PM
lalala2003 posted...
They'd have to come to your town and talk to the villager that is moving in their house when they're all packed up and ready to move. Once they have convinced that villager to move you then go to that person's town and convince their moving villager to move to your town.

So for me, I would have to do all of this on the 23rd?

And you can pick any villager you want to come to your town after yours has moved, right? Not just someone who has the same gender and personality as the one who moved?

Also, I hear this method doesn't always work. Is that true?
---
and i crid evertim
#4lalala2003Posted 7/21/2013 5:33:33 PM
Yes just wait until the villager has packed all of their things into moving boxes inside of their house.
And it can be any villager you like as long as they are moving out of your friend's town.
It should work unless you already have 10 villagers in your town which is the max number you can have at once.
So as long as you have under 10 villagers in your town it should definitely work.
---
#5Brony5evr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 5:38:12 PM
lalala2003 posted...
It should work unless you already have 10 villagers in your town which is the max number you can have at once.
So as long as you have under 10 villagers in your town it should definitely work.

So I have 10 right now. If another person has 10 and they come in and asks them to move into their town, then I go to their town to ask a villager to move in, which would take priority? That they won't move in because I have 10, or do they happen at the exact same time, so neither person loses the number of villagers they have?

And wouldn't it be tedious to search for a villager? It's like, you have to be really lucky enough for someone else to also have someone else moving on that exact date, not to mention the exact villager you're looking for.
---
and i crid evertim
#6lalala2003Posted 7/21/2013 5:42:50 PM
You'd need to let that villager move out so that you have 9, if you asked a villager to move in while you had 10 they would refuse to move which is why you need to let that villager you currently have moving out leave so you would then have 9. Same goes for the other person's town.
And yes it's very tedious, I'm desperately looking for Beau and Fauna but I currently have 10 villagers so I need 2 to move out.
---