This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to find a scorpion...

#1Vorzakh222Posted 7/21/2013 11:11:27 PM
Honestly, it's pretty annoying. I haven't found (and caught) any scorpions yet! I found (and caught) one tarantula soon after I started playing, and I saw one scorpion that wound up jumping off my town's cliff. Since then, I haven't seen either of them in my town, and quite frankly, it rustles my jimmies.

Does anyone know a good way to find a scorpion? And yes, I know that they'll show up when I'm not looking for them: WHAT DO YOU THINK I'VE BEEN DOING??
---
I can't change my screen name on this board, but my real screen name is hawk222.
GT: Hawk 22288
#2PWLBizarreJellyPosted 7/21/2013 11:24:47 PM
It's just luck.

I've found about 5 tarantulas and 3 scorpions this week. EVERY SINGLE TIME I LEFT MY NET AT HOME TO STOCK UP ON BEETLES TO SELL AT RETAIL, OR TO DO OTHER NON-BUG RELATED STUFF.

So, yeah just do stuff, but always have a net. Please have a net.
---
It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6II2b2Fe6RM
#3PeachSodaPosted 7/21/2013 11:30:34 PM(edited)
I've seen a scorpion once and I've had the game since launch. I panicked when I saw it, rustled through my inventory to get my net and by the time I had a chance to swing, it stung me. Everything went black.
---
So, I was like "Hi!" and he was like "Duuuude!"" and I was like, "EEEK!" so I ran away.
#4Vorzakh222(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 2:13:24 AM
Whenever someone posts a thread asking for help catching something it seems like it starts to get flooded with people talking about their personal experiences.

...WHY?!

HOW IS KNOWING YOUR STATISTICS GOING TO HELP ME CATCH A SCORPION?!?!
---
I can't change my screen name on this board, but my real screen name is hawk222.
#5KoitePosted 7/22/2013 2:16:10 AM
Trying walking up and down town at night pretty sure it's about 6PM to 4AM not 100% sure but it's around that. I just patrolled up and down town, using the Save and Continue option to reset spawns. Once I found the general area where the scorpion spawned since I'm pretty sure they were set spawns. I just patrolled in that area and narrowed the Save and Continue method there.
---
(Black 2) Kazuto FC: [0090 2748 6225]
(3DS) Kitsuyo FC: [3652 0952 6130]
#6ShadowRisaePosted 7/22/2013 2:19:02 AM
Vorzakh222 posted...
Honestly, it's pretty annoying. I haven't found (and caught) any scorpions yet! I found (and caught) one tarantula soon after I started playing, and I saw one scorpion that wound up jumping off my town's cliff. Since then, I haven't seen either of them in my town, and quite frankly, it rustles my jimmies.

It decided it would rather commit suicide than be ogled in the museum all day.
---
Too many games, not enough free time.
#7Vorzakh222(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:33:24 AM
Koite posted...
Trying walking up and down town at night pretty sure it's about 6PM to 4AM not 100% sure but it's around that. I just patrolled up and down town, using the Save and Continue option to reset spawns. Once I found the general area where the scorpion spawned since I'm pretty sure they were set spawns. I just patrolled in that area and narrowed the Save and Continue method there.

Thank you for being the only one to actually post relevant information. 4 gold stars for you. ...And a brownie.

(I still haven't found one yet, but any info/strategy is bound to help)
---
#8Hours_LeftPosted 7/23/2013 1:35:44 AM
Equip your net, then enter and exit a building near where you've seen one before. Sometimes they'll be hanging out right outside the door. Since you already have your net equipped, you can sneak up on it. If you don't see one, just enter and exit again.

That's how I got mine.

---
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
I'm looking for Ankha & Zucker in New Leaf, PM me! (On hold, town full currently.)
#9RyoukaiPosted 7/23/2013 2:28:43 AM
I think I remember reading somewhere that no villagers should be around, otherwise it won't spawn? Not sure about that though. In any case, I seem to have wonderful luck finding tarantulas and scorpions right outside my house, maybe you should try that too.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
3DS FC: 5455-9721-8413
#10kentdsfreakPosted 7/23/2013 2:32:02 AM
can they spawn on paths? o.O my town is full of them and i rarely see them
---
3DS friend code: 3153 4218 0341 name: Kent
ACNL town: Columbia