This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about getting a villager to move out

#1MeilumiPosted 7/24/2013 2:31:40 PM
I had the misfortune of getting Bud after a trade with another player, and I want him out ASAP.
Currently, I've spent my time looking for any villagers that want to move.

- TTed to the 26th, Cally wanted to move
- TTed back to the 24th
- TTed to the 27th (one day at a time)
- TTed back to the 24th

My questions are: Should a villager already have asked to move today? And if a villager is moving, will one of the other villagers definitely alert you to it?

I've been searching around my town all day for any villager that wants to move out. So far, none of them have come up to me to mention moving, and no one has mentioned any other villager moving at all. Could it be that no villager is moving, or is a villager definitely supposed to move (and I'm just missing it)?

Thanks!
---
IGN: Mei || Town: Sonder || FC: 4398-9582-3085
#2ruby_diamondPosted 7/24/2013 2:44:49 PM
I'm wondering a lot of the same things you are. I know there are folks on this board who are great at TT and others who've been burned after a TT accident, so I'd also be interested in knowing the safest way to do this.
#3Meilumi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 2:52:37 PM
Yup, I feel as if a villager should definitely be moving out by now, but it seems like there really isn't anyone today. I've looked at this board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66732289 , and if two days back and forth is enough to guarantee a move-out, I'm not sure why three days isn't doing anything (unless it's because I TTed forward a day at a time). :|
---
#4ruby_diamondPosted 7/24/2013 2:57:32 PM
Meilumi posted...
Yup, I feel as if a villager should definitely be moving out by now, but it seems like there really isn't anyone today. I've looked at this board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66732289 , and if two days back and forth is enough to guarantee a move-out, I'm not sure why three days isn't doing anything (unless it's because I TTed forward a day at a time). :|

I wonder. I've tried that method and had villagers not mention anything about moving, only to have a liked villager randomly be packed upon loading the game. I'm not good TT--obviously, else I wouldn't have lost a villager accidentally--but if I were you I'd talk to your villagers more just in case anyone is moving.
#5Meilumi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 3:16:26 PM
ruby_diamond posted...
Meilumi posted...

I wonder. I've tried that method and had villagers not mention anything about moving, only to have a liked villager randomly be packed upon loading the game. I'm not good TT--obviously, else I wouldn't have lost a villager accidentally--but if I were you I'd talk to your villagers more just in case anyone is moving.

Yup, I'm worried about that happening if I shift forward a day.
It's just that there's been no indication at all today and I've been trying for hours.
---
#6Meilumi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 6:01:28 PM
Bump
---
#7Meilumi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 6:42:50 PM
Bump
---
#8Meilumi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 8:47:59 PM
Bump, does anyone have any insight on this?
---
#9TekuninPosted 7/25/2013 6:43:48 PM
If you want a villager to move constantly stick pitfalls outside their house and repeatedly smack them in the head with your net,
---
In Soviet Matrix, Spoon Bends You!