This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rafflesia won't go away

#1FenriIPosted 7/24/2013 3:50:58 PM
I recently bought New Leaf for my mom and she's been pretty happy playing it about month now, but just recently a rafflesia spawned in her town and she's pretty... upset by it?

So, she's picked up all the items she left laying around, picked all her weeds, planted flowers around it, and so on, but it's been 8 days and it shows no signs of wilting at all.

She wants to know if seashells that accumulate on the seashore affect the whole "garbage on the ground" counter.

And, I guess any info on how to get it to go away? Are we just being impatient? Any help is really appreciated!
---
Currently Playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Looking for someone who wants Molly to move away. (pfft)
#2killbot357Posted 7/24/2013 3:51:50 PM
Seashells do not affect trash.

I'd recommend setting the 'Beautiful Town' ordinance, see if that helps.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Persona 4: Golden
#3bonannPosted 7/24/2013 3:52:52 PM
It should have went away after 2-3 days.

Seashells and normal fruit don't count as garbage; perfect fruit do though.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries
#4FenriI(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 3:53:26 PM
Oh right, I forgot she'd enacted the Beautiful Town Ordinance the day after it appeared.

So, there's that too.
---
#5SabreWlfPosted 7/24/2013 3:56:11 PM
Might be an idea to talk to Isabelle and see what she says about citizen satisfaction. If she nags about garbage then that'd be the problem. Otherwise, the rafflesia should die soon enough
#6LuigiDMPosted 7/24/2013 4:07:07 PM
you sure she got rid of all the trash? are the weeds being picked up everyday? maybe hit it with a shovel everyday.
#7FenriI(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 4:08:35 PM
Mum just went and talked to her. She said;

"You want to know how satisfied the citizens of Yume are? Sure thing! Here's what the citizen satisfaction committee had to say: "I'm just gonna say this in advance, and this is how everyone in town feels by the way, not just me... WHAT'S THE DEAL HERE?! That's all!" The citizens also say they feel Yume is underdeveloped. They want more public works projects. The fate of Yume lies in your hands Mayor Keikei. I just know you'll do us proud!"

This sort of confuses her, because she doesn't think that public works projects not being there meant her town was bad. Frankly, that doesn't sound quite right to me either. A rafflesia shouldn't care how many PWPs you have!

...does it?
---
#8LiquefyPosted 7/24/2013 5:00:57 PM
Do as Isabelle suggests and build another Public Work.

In the meantime, check and remove trash, check and remove weeds, check and pick up items, check and chop down all trees above 200.

Good luck!
#9Leaf2049Posted 7/24/2013 5:04:52 PM
Dig holes on each side of it front back and sides.
---
God is there in the midst of chaos. When life is upside down remember that you're in the hands of the Creator.
3ds FC 0001-4747-7067
#10BtRobotPosted 7/24/2013 5:12:22 PM
You also may want to go around town with an axe and a shovel. Any dead trees (what happens after you shake a tree and all its leaves fall off) count against perfect town status. Dig up any buried items, anything not a fossil also counts against you. Try enacting a different ordinance and fishing in the river or ocean for awhile, catching garbage can help your town as well.

Other than those things, make sure you pick all weeds every day then plant and water lots of flowers. A perfect town has 75 flowers and between 110 - 120 trees.
---
Everybody knows Caps Lock is cruise control for awesome.