This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grass Deterioration!!

#11AnimeJet_V2Posted 7/29/2013 6:23:04 AM
CWtennis posted...
bonann posted...
AnimeJet_V2 posted...
I figure there's really nothing you can do about it. I'm just waiting for my tipping point where i'm going to TT a month and back, just not sure if i want to make the leap since i never TT before T_T

It's fairly simple. Have beautiful town ordinance active. Walk around and make sure someone approaches you asking to move out, say no. Make sure. Yes, make sure.

Save and quit, change the date, go back on, save and quit, change the date back. Voila!

Whoa wait, if you just decline someone to move out, you can prevent someone from moving out if you stop playing for a while?

People have found that villagers don't move out unless you load a day where someone is already set to move out. SO if you load for example todays date, and someone asks to move out and you say no, the move out timer has been both cleared and not started for anyone else, so even if you travelled 2 years (hypothetically, i don't think this has been conclusively proven 100% but it's pretty accepted fact???) no one would move.

However if a move out timer DID start today and someone WAS set to move but you didn't see, once you traveled past the 5 days they're going to move period.
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 Locked @ 2837 Karma
http://shattered-earth.com
#12CWtennisPosted 7/29/2013 6:24:16 AM
This is fantastic news. I was worried that when I get to the point where I stop playing daily, I was going to lose a favorite villager. But if it's possible that I won't have to, I'll be much happier haha.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC
2277 6632 4722 - 3DS FC
#13HyperShadow4321Posted 7/29/2013 6:24:47 AM
AnimeJet_V2 posted...
bonann posted...
AnimeJet_V2 posted...
I figure there's really nothing you can do about it. I'm just waiting for my tipping point where i'm going to TT a month and back, just not sure if i want to make the leap since i never TT before T_T

It's fairly simple. Have beautiful town ordinance active. Walk around and make sure someone approaches you asking to move out, say no. Make sure. Yes, make sure.

Save and quit, change the date, go back on, save and quit, change the date back. Voila!

Haha I know exactly how to do it already, I just.. don't like TTing? Like it would be this line i crossed for my game that i can't uncross LOL. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think it's morally wrong or that it's bad or anything it's just something i've never done to my AC games and it's hard to take that step. Honestly thought I will probably be really happy to see the dang grass back. Nintendo y u force my haaand like this XD.

It's not like it's cheating. I haven't done it yet to get my grass back, but I plan to eventually. If you do it right, you won't lose any villagers or flowers, so there isn't really any negative to it. It's just to make grass grow back. Your villagers might say something about how long you've been gone, but as long as they don't leave then it's no big deal.
---
Animal Crossing:NL FC:4871- 4058-8638
#14AnimeJet_V2Posted 7/29/2013 6:30:29 AM
@CW; just be careful you don't miss out on any notifiers. This needs more research over all though XD, but i think with so many TTers out there it's mostly confirmed?

@Hyper; I think it's "cheating", but I don't CARE that it's cheating, it's just a personal thing. Thanks for your support though, I'll need it when my town looks so like *** and i'll have to TT. Just gotta be careful to check if anyone is moving!
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 Locked @ 2837 Karma
http://shattered-earth.com
#15ishingo69Posted 7/29/2013 7:13:15 AM
DrHippie posted...
Bagel_Bear posted...
Walk everywhere.

It still happens, no matter how slow you walk.

Not that I've experienced. I don't run anywhere and my grass is fine.
---
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"
FC - 4012-4182-5256 Dream - 5100-2371-4599
#16kingjam1Posted 7/29/2013 7:27:32 AM
ishingo69 posted...
DrHippie posted...
Bagel_Bear posted...
Walk everywhere.

Do you walk with the circle pad fully pressed because I can confirm it does erode even if you only walk at top speed but not run?
---
Can't think of anything
#17DrHippiePosted 7/29/2013 8:15:29 AM
ishingo69 posted...
DrHippie posted...
Bagel_Bear posted...
Walk everywhere.

You are very lucky then :)

I run, not at top speed, and I can see the deterioration still happening.

I can even see it happening where I NEVER walk.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1rc8ILG1dE
#18bonannPosted 7/29/2013 8:21:56 AM
HyperShadow4321 posted...
AnimeJet_V2 posted...
bonann posted...
AnimeJet_V2 posted...

Haha I know exactly how to do it already, I just.. don't like TTing? Like it would be this line i crossed for my game that i can't uncross LOL. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think it's morally wrong or that it's bad or anything it's just something i've never done to my AC games and it's hard to take that step. Honestly thought I will probably be really happy to see the dang grass back. Nintendo y u force my haaand like this XD.

It's not like it's cheating. I haven't done it yet to get my grass back, but I plan to eventually. If you do it right, you won't lose any villagers or flowers, so there isn't really any negative to it. It's just to make grass grow back. Your villagers might say something about how long you've been gone, but as long as they don't leave then it's no big deal.

Your villagers won't even notice you were gone if you go back to the present time. Lol

Only real side effects were bed hair and some weeds. You can easily delete the things off the bulletin boards as well. No town tree growth, but it does constitute towards the days for other things like T&T Emporium opening earlier than it should be. You can prevent that by avoiding Gracie.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries
#19sabeta_samaPosted 7/29/2013 8:28:49 AM
kingjam1 posted...
ishingo69 posted...
DrHippie posted...
Bagel_Bear posted...
Walk everywhere.

Do you walk with the circle pad fully pressed because I can confirm it does erode even if you only walk at top speed but not run?

I have patterns in my town, and I RUN everywhere so long as I'm walking on them. I can't for the life of me get the grass below them to erode even a little bit though, and the exposed dirt patches that I used to have are recovering now that I don't walk on them.

Not sure why everyone complains about that.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#20bonannPosted 7/29/2013 8:32:17 AM
sabeta_sama posted...
kingjam1 posted...
ishingo69 posted...
DrHippie posted...
Bagel_Bear posted...
Walk everywhere.

I have patterns in my town, and I RUN everywhere so long as I'm walking on them. I can't for the life of me get the grass below them to erode even a little bit though, and the exposed dirt patches that I used to have are recovering now that I don't walk on them.

Not sure why everyone complains about that.

They do erode.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries