This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyway to force a Villager to change clothes?

#1BR0DE0Posted 7/31/2013 3:56:34 PM
I have Zucker and he wanted to buy my Samurai Shirt for like 1000 bells, so I said yes.

Now he looks ugly and I want him to put his flan shirt back on.
Is there anyway to do this?
does telling on him to issabelle make him go back to his default clothes or something?
---
3DS Friend Code: 4940 - 5429 - 5402
#2killbot357Posted 7/31/2013 3:57:13 PM
Yes, reporting him to Isabelle will revert to his original clothing, catchphrase and greeting.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Shadowrun Returns, Persona 4: Golden
#3KaitzumaXIPosted 7/31/2013 4:07:54 PM
If you mail them a shirt, they may wear it, but they may also display it in their house. I find that If I send a villager two of the same shirts, they usually end up wearing it.
---
2492-4122-1594
"If hero is just a euphemism for sacrifice, then no. I'm not happy about it at all. Especially when the hero is someone I care for."
#4TimidTaguelPosted 7/31/2013 4:34:27 PM
killbot357 posted...
Yes, reporting him to Isabelle will revert to his original clothing, catchphrase and greeting.

This doesn't work. I reported Marshal once because he had a dumb catchphrase form another village, and it just reverted his catchphrase to a generic "Uh huh!". Same thing happened with Phoebe. I also reported Pierce's clothes once and he just wore a generic white shirt.

TC, the SAME thing happened to me with Zucker today! Except instead of wearing a shirt I gave him, he decided to wear one of the ugly default patterns from Ables. I was so mad, and I don't even have the flan shirt to catalogue. Is it even a rare shirt? Cuz I'm pretty sure I've never seen it.

But yeah, only way is to send them shirts by mail, and they're not guaranteed to change. I've had villagers change instantly, while for others I had to send like five shirts before they finally changed. I'm looking at you, Colton.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3651-6341
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#5GrrPHCPosted 7/31/2013 4:36:29 PM
I gave Lionel the Hero's Clothes for his birthday and he put it on immediately.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/xI+AM+SHAD0Wx.png
#6jumiPosted 7/31/2013 4:37:43 PM
The grape tank is like a pox upon my town. >:-(
---
XBL Gamertag: Rob Thorsman
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/robertvsilvers
#7destierezPosted 7/31/2013 4:38:48 PM
TimidTaguel posted...
killbot357 posted...

This doesn't work. I reported Marshal once because he had a dumb catchphrase form another village, and it just reverted his catchphrase to a generic "Uh huh!". Same thing happened with Phoebe. I also reported Pierce's clothes once and he just wore a generic white shirt.

TC, the SAME thing happened to me with Zucker today! Except instead of wearing a shirt I gave him, he decided to wear one of the ugly default patterns from Ables. I was so mad, and I don't even have the flan shirt to catalogue. Is it even a rare shirt? Cuz I'm pretty sure I've never seen it.

But yeah, only way is to send them shirts by mail, and they're not guaranteed to change. I've had villagers change instantly, while for others I had to send like five shirts before they finally changed. I'm looking at you, Colton.

the flan shirt is a graciegrace item
---
3DS FC: 4012-4173-9007
I'm Zoe from Destiel on ACNL
#8SilvaAmphytritePosted 7/31/2013 4:42:46 PM
jumi posted...
The grape tank is like a pox upon my town. >:-(

I have the same problem, except the shirt in question is the spiderweb tee.
---
3DS FC: 1950-7786-7860
Town: Lanea; Name: Jennifer
#9TimidTaguelPosted 7/31/2013 4:45:16 PM
destierez posted...
TimidTaguel posted...
killbot357 posted...

the flan shirt is a graciegrace item

Yeah I figured it must have been. I also really want Colton to wear his original shirt but it's also a GracieGrace item :(
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3651-6341
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf