This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Time Traveling and the 16 Villager Cycle: My Guide-ish Post

#11genandnicPosted 8/8/2013 6:28:33 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12ruby_diamond(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 6:37:57 PMmessage detail
genandnic posted...
Let's say I hear that a villager is moving out; is it possible to find the moving villager in their house? If you find them in their house before they've packed up, can you convince them to not move away? Villagers won't walk up to you if you're indoors.

Nope, you can't convince them in their home, even before they've packed up. I would assume it's because villagers never bring up moving in conversation: it has to be from a ping--the surprised emote when they see you in town. In town and only in town. If you hear a villager is moving and they're indoors, just save and quit. That resets who is and is not outside. That said, if you save and quit, they might still be indoors when the game starts up again. If that's the case, save and quit again, until you find them walking outside. They should ping you. If they don't, save and quit until they do.

Like I said, this method is tedious, but at least it's safe.
---
Looking for: Drake!
#13lucyrules20Posted 8/8/2013 6:55:55 PMmessage detail
Bump and hopefully people read this instead of posting the 100000 TT & villager shuffling questions out there (:
---
3DS FC: 3222-6267-5041 // Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
ACNL Dream Address: 4500-2305-8589 // Lucy from Lynca // U.S. EST
#14tinymonPosted 8/8/2013 7:01:59 PMmessage detail
Thank you for compiling this information. :)
#15thespezinatorPosted 8/8/2013 7:57:55 PMmessage detail
This is an amazing guide, and very informative for people who would like to keep certain villagers, and get rid of others. I'm currently cycling through villagers in a second town, looking for particular ones, so a lot of it doesn't apply to me because I just want anyone to move out lol, but I still picked up a lot of tips. I hope this gets stickied.
---
3DS FC: 1821-8888-0296. Alison from Purbeck. Please delete my FC after we've traded. Message me about SHAVED ICE LAMPS.
#16picklexisPosted 8/9/2013 1:18:29 PMmessage detail
ruby_diamond posted...
genandnic posted...
Let's say I hear that a villager is moving out; is it possible to find the moving villager in their house? If you find them in their house before they've packed up, can you convince them to not move away? Villagers won't walk up to you if you're indoors.

Nope, you can't convince them in their home, even before they've packed up. I would assume it's because villagers never bring up moving in conversation: it has to be from a ping--the surprised emote when they see you in town. In town and only in town. If you hear a villager is moving and they're indoors, just save and quit. That resets who is and is not outside. That said, if you save and quit, they might still be indoors when the game starts up again. If that's the case, save and quit again, until you find them walking outside. They should ping you. If they don't, save and quit until they do.

Like I said, this method is tedious, but at least it's safe.

Actually, that's not necessarily true.

Now, I don't know about being able to do this indoors, but I have gone up to one of my villagers and started the conversation when there was no ping and they mentioned how they need to start packing and it gave me the option of making them stay.

This is happened about 2 or 3 times in my experience.
---
3DS FC: 3840-5484-3101
ACNL: Alex from Valyria
#17MeleeSonic97Posted 8/9/2013 1:35:06 PMmessage detail
Regardless though, if you're able to "catch" a villager in time (one that you like and is planning on moving), you can always get them to stay?

I don't want Apollo to ever leave D:
---
NP: Animal Crossing New Leaf: Dan in SkyArrow: 5129 0606 5531
Philadelphia Eagles: We'll have a QB...one year.
#18ruby_diamond(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 2:20:20 PMmessage detail
picklexis posted...

Actually, that's not necessarily true.

Now, I don't know about being able to do this indoors, but I have gone up to one of my villagers and started the conversation when there was no ping and they mentioned how they need to start packing and it gave me the option of making them stay.

This is happened about 2 or 3 times in my experience.

Oh, wow, that's interesting. Now I really wish I could edit these posts! I know in the time I was cycling, it never popped up in normal conversation, but like I said in the original post, folks here know a lot more about this than me...

MeleeSonic97 posted...
Regardless though, if you're able to "catch" a villager in time (one that you like and is planning on moving), you can always get them to stay?

I don't want Apollo to ever leave D:

Yeah, I think I'm on good footing when I say: if a villager mentions moving, and you directly tell them to stay, they reconsider 100% of time.
---
Looking for: Drake!
#19Caleb_WPosted 8/9/2013 5:33:20 PMmessage detail
I've never seen it in normal conversation, no matter how long I talked to them. I think it has to be a ping. Perhaps you talked to them at the same time as they pinged and didn't notice.

Congrats on the sticky, by the way. =)
---
My 3DS FC is 5284-1656-1651.
My AC:NL Dream Address is 5600-2311-1624.
#20RaizunPosted 8/9/2013 10:27:37 PMmessage detail
Caleb_W posted...
I've never seen it in normal conversation, no matter how long I talked to them. I think it has to be a ping. Perhaps you talked to them at the same time as they pinged and didn't notice.

Congrats on the sticky, by the way. =)

I can confirm that they bring it up in normal conversation. Especially in my case, it was odd...

The day Papi decided to move, multiple villagers spoke of him thinking of moving, but he never 'pinged' and never talked about moving. Two days later, he actually 'pinged' and told me he was moving (as if he was deciding when he should tell me? o_O). I told him to leave and he agreed. Every single day I talked to him after that, he'd bring up moving in normal conversation, sometimes first, sometimes in between, and he agreed every time.

This was the first time I had a villager 'ping' a different day than the day he already decided to move... I haven't heard of this case from anyone else yet, but I promise it happened to me. I didn't expect Papi to 'ping' at all anymore, so I was shocked.
I always thought a new day (6AM) was randomly set for one villager to 'ping' for moving or none at all, but I'm guessing once a villager decides to move, he/she can 'ping' from the first day to the days before packing day.
---
FC: 4597-0571-1300, Town Name: Azalea
Mission: Stuff Animal Crossing with as much kawaii as possible.