This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Time Traveling and the 16 Villager Cycle: My Guide-ish Post

#21Caleb_WPosted 8/10/2013 6:21:58 AMmessage detail
They probably bring it up in normal discussion after they ping you the first time if you tell them to leave just in case you changed your mind. As I've never told anyone to leave I wouldn't have had such conversations be brought up.
---
My 3DS FC is 5284-1656-1651.
My AC:NL Dream Address is 5600-2311-1624.
#22ValteroPosted 8/10/2013 9:45:26 AMmessage detail(edited)
I'm down to 8 villagers now, hopped back and forth a couple days, no one seems to want to move out.

Is there a minimum number of villagers you need to have before someone else will try to move out?
#23phoneixabyssPosted 8/10/2013 4:07:28 PMmessage detail
When you say to save and quit if no one is moving esp. If someone has like 10 villagers.. do you mean :

TT 2 days forward, save and quit, Tt to day before original TT and check all villagers. If no..

Do u save and quit and repeat this process? Or tt 2more days and continue the process..?

IE if u start from today, TT to mondau save quit, Tt back To todau and check all villagers. if this doesnt work do u save and quit (making the day now back to present) and try again or what?
---
Add me: 5386-7303-5820 --Marisol--
Harvest Moon ANB :)
#24sameowwPosted 8/10/2013 7:40:11 PMmessage detail
Thank you so much for your guide(-ish). I've been TT-ing since yesterday to get my dream villagers. And seriously, it was a bore! Lol.

I think the minimum number of villagers you need to have is 8 and no one will move out if you have lesser than 8 villagers. I might be wrong though. I tried to TT villagers out with only 8 villagers but someone moved in instead.
And I did the basic like introducing myself on the first day then ignored the villager. It would definitely take a longer time for the newest villager to move out.
Thanks again! It was really helpful.
---
ACNL: 0189-8955-3062
Name: Giselle
#25tinymonPosted 8/10/2013 9:15:03 PMmessage detail
Okay. I can now confirm this works.

If no one's pinged for a while and you're paranoid that someone is moving out, TT to the next day and check with a new character. You can go to all the characters that are inside their houses and check if any of them are boxed up. And, naturally if they are, you can TT back to the day you were at and find them to make sure they don't move out.
#26deimonicPosted 8/11/2013 3:33:02 AMmessage detail
Nice guide. Having no items/bells in your pocket is superfluous though as the mover is determined when you first load the game.

The two day method isn't actually 100% safe as villagers can ping you about moving as early as the next day, however it is highly unlikely that the villager does so.
Also there isn't always a mover, sometimes you can TT 2 days and back and no one will want to move

If a villager changes his mind when you tell him to move, turn off your 3DS and talk to him again until he tells you to move.

Also the mover is always outside walking around, so I tend to set my time to a time they are outside to get them to move faster.

I'm not sure how correct all my info is so feel free to correct, I did however cycle out 22 villagers with 2 slots for cycling and didnt lose anybody.
#27tinymonPosted 8/11/2013 1:03:29 PMmessage detail
The default for villagers wanting to move is 5 days. When the moving flag is set, it will always be 5 days from the box up day. When you get someone wanting to move out sooner, that means that they were thinking about moving earlier and you didn't catch them.

And you're correct that there isn't always a mover. I did TTing one day at a time to be on the safe side, and sometimes I'd go like five days without anyone wanting to move.

The TT 2 days and one day back is considered safe(er) because even if someone is thinking about moving, you've only gone three days, meaning that you still have at least one more day to catch them. I also think they're more likely to ping and inform you when you're closer to the date, but I'm not 100% sure.

But yeah. If you're not sure if you've missed someone or you're paranoid, you can use the new villager to check the next day to see if anyone is boxed up, and then TT back to the day before and still be able to catch them. I'm kind of curious if you could use this to make big TTing jumps safe... but I'm too scared to test it out myself.
#28MeleeSonic97Posted 8/11/2013 6:09:42 PMmessage detail
Sorry, I have another question.

I finally got an undesirable villager to move out. His move out day is on the 15th and I was hoping to time travel to the 16th and get him out. If I TT that far ahead, will I be okay with regards to my other villagers not moving out? I hope that's not too far out.
---
NP: Animal Crossing New Leaf: Dan in SkyArrow: 5129 0606 5531
Philadelphia Eagles: We'll have a QB...one year.
#29JohnploderPosted 8/12/2013 6:50:29 AMmessage detail(edited)
Ok, question.

I have read in several places that if you streetpass one of your villagers to one of your real-life friends towns, you can get that specific villager back before the 16 villager cycle.

Can you confirm/deny this?

Edit:

A little backstory. I TT'ed out one of my dream villagers, Freya, and she went into the abyss because I freaked out and TT'ed backwards and her house was gone. A couple days later, my coworker said she got Freya, and said that she was from my town, Matango. So, I would assume that the exception to the 16 villager cycle rule that I posted above applies to this situation.

Any confirmation would be appreciated :) Thanks!
---
Animal Crossing Friend Code: 3582-9094-3586
Name: Mike ---- Town Name: Matango ---- Native Fruit: Apples.
#30MeilumiPosted 8/12/2013 7:22:03 AMmessage detail
Johnploder posted...
Ok, question.

I have read in several places that if you streetpass one of your villagers to one of your real-life friends towns, you can get that specific villager back before the 16 villager cycle.

Can you confirm/deny this?

Edit:

A little backstory. I TT'ed out one of my dream villagers, Freya, and she went into the abyss because I freaked out and TT'ed backwards and her house was gone. A couple days later, my coworker said she got Freya, and said that she was from my town, Matango. So, I would assume that the exception to the 16 villager cycle rule that I posted above applies to this situation.

Any confirmation would be appreciated :) Thanks!

I would like to know/confirm this too. (Although in my case, my friend is holding Whitney for me and we connected over wi-fi instead of streetpass.)
---
IGN: Mei || Town: Sonder || FC: 4398-9582-3085