This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Time Traveling and the 16 Villager Cycle: My Guide-ish Post

#31Natsume_Tien7Posted 8/12/2013 4:28:03 PMmessage detail
I've got a couple more tips to add.

Villagers will not ping on event days like the Fishing Tourney, Bug-Off, Weeding Day....I'm unsure of which others. Basically on days that when you converse with them, they only talk about the event going on that day. I avoid using Saturdays for TT'ing out villagers. You can read the bulletin board for a heads up on what days you want to avoid.

If a villager is very close with you, they can take up the first ping that the moving villager could have had (just to gab or ask for a favor). If I'm feeling unsure, I just save and quit then load up and continue on the same day. Just avoid the villagers that might "steal" the ping and walk in front of the less close neighbors, and then just check back around again to make sure.

@ MeleeSonic

Yes, if you catch on them on the first day they ping to leave, you can TT 6 days and they will be gone. Just confirm the date with them and reset if they change their mind like mentioned earlier.

Although, to avoid having to reset, when trying to get villagers I want out, I just walk in front of them before anyone and if they ping, talk to other neighbors to confirm they are leaving and just TT 6 days and get them out, avoiding the conversation completely.

I like using days that have given me campsite villagers to TT out unwanted vermin. It seems to produce more tents than or usual, but not always. I can't fully confirm anything, sometimes I just feel I'm very lucky with how many campsite tents/igloos I get.

Sorry if this is wall o' texty but some of these have helped me avoid the dreaded "oh, and FAVORITE VILLAGER is moving out today!" -__-
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Street Fighter 4, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Persona 4
#32Natsume_Tien7Posted 8/12/2013 4:32:46 PMmessage detail
Oh, and I can confirm what Raizun was talking about with the Papi situation. I was going to let Knox leave but decided against it and talked to him until he brought it up in normal conversation, where you can change their minds guaranteed by asking them to stay.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Street Fighter 4, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Persona 4
#33FlootenkerpPosted 8/14/2013 4:57:37 AMmessage detail
question:

say for example i found the mover and wants it to move, but in any case he doesnt ping me, i can just forward 1 day at a time until he gets to his moving day right? no one will decide to move until he's gone? or say for example forwarding days will change the moving villager?
---
3DS FC1: 3437 3068 7839 - Town: SixEcho
3DS FC2: 5327 2197 2663 - Town: Pallet
#34Natsume_Tien7Posted 8/14/2013 12:37:50 PMmessage detail
Flootenkerp posted...
question:

say for example i found the mover and wants it to move, but in any case he doesnt ping me, i can just forward 1 day at a time until he gets to his moving day right? no one will decide to move until he's gone? or say for example forwarding days will change the moving villager?

If you found out from another villager that an unwanted villager is moving, you don't need them to ping to time travel them out. TT will not mess anything up, only a conversation with the villager in which you ask them to stay or they change their mind about leaving will.
---
#35katiekat618Posted 8/15/2013 5:04:25 PMmessage detail
I request sticky this guide was sooooo helpful to get an ugly villager out of my town
---
3DS FC: 3823-8887-7312
#36ultratspinPosted 8/18/2013 7:20:41 AMmessage detail
i heard somewhere that your newest villager will never be the one to move out (or at least until someone new has moved in)

is this true? :( if so i cant fix my town at all, because i have 9 i love, so the newest villager is ALWAYS going to be the one i am trying to get rid of, all 16 times :/
it has been really difficult so far, i have been casually working on this 5-10 times per day for a week and the unwanted villager has never offered to move but everybody else has, multiple times
i thought it was just bad luck and the fact that i only have a 10% chance of it being who i want doesnt help but now i am really worried . please if anybody knows about this rule let me know :(

basically tl;dr have you ever had your newest villager ask to move out?
---
3ds 0387-8800-5557 linoone from kennelly
working on getting knox back :'( someday
#37FlootenkerpPosted 8/18/2013 12:29:25 PMmessage detail
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
Flootenkerp posted...
question:

If you found out from another villager that an unwanted villager is moving, you don't need them to ping to time travel them out. TT will not mess anything up, only a conversation with the villager in which you ask them to stay or they change their mind about leaving will.

thanks!.. i usually forward one day then save and quit til i get them in their moving day... with that i save the needed ping... only do this if i want the villager to move out though...thanks a lot!!!
---
3DS FC1: 3437 3068 7839 - Town: SixEcho
3DS FC2: 5327 2197 2663 - Town: Pallet
#38Natsume_Tien7Posted 8/18/2013 12:30:01 PMmessage detail
^ I'm 99% sure that I can confirm this. I thought it was awful luck (went through about 20+ times of villagers I'm keeping wanting to leave) then my brother was having the same issue. We both let 10th villagers in from the campsite and the villagers we wanted out left in no time.

If you already have 10 but have 9 you want to keep, I don't know what to tell you unfortunately :/
---
#39Natsume_Tien7Posted 8/18/2013 12:56:36 PMmessage detail
Sorry for another double post, above post was for ultratspin. Flootenkerp and I almost had same time posts.

You're welcome, Flootenkerp! The only reason I ever talk to a villager I think is moving when they ping is if I actually want to know their move out date to move them to another town. Otherwise, I talk to other villagers to make sure they are leaving and just travel 6 days to move them out.

BTW, this process is so much easier when you have the Beautiful Town ordinance so you don't get dying flowers and tons of weeds. Don't remember if this was mentioned yet.
---
#40NintendoPlanetPosted 8/18/2013 4:10:09 PMmessage detail
Thank you! I am getting sick of seeing the 7 villagers in my town that are in places I don't want them to be in.

This guide is actually also helpful for if you want a villager to ping you about town projects as well :D (empty pockets and no money = pointless diaglouge doesn't get activated)
---
3DS F.C. 1805-2201-0269