This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Time Traveling and the 16 Villager Cycle: My Guide-ish Post

#41ultratspinPosted 8/18/2013 4:33:43 PMmessage detail
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
If you already have 10 but have 9 you want to keep, I don't know what to tell you unfortunately :/

yeah that is the situation :( i was hoping to hear that there was some kind of hope but i guess not :/
---
3ds 0387-8800-5557 linoone from kennelly
working on getting knox back :'( someday
#42JsoWizardPosted 8/19/2013 5:38:14 AMmessage detail
Something I noticed while time traveling and cycling through villagers.

Was using my mayor to try to find villagers moving, and they'd ping me about unwanted stuff such as visiting house, run errands, personality quizzes, etc. I noticed there was a way to avoid all this, but by then I was finished with my villager set up so I didn't get to test it that much.

Make a new character whose sole purpose is to find the moving villager. Talk to all villagers residing once, just to introduce said character to everyone. This character then has low enough friendship that when they ping, it'll only be for when the villager moves.

One day, after having my dream villagers all gathered into my village, one of them did not ping my mayor that they were leaving (probably because it was used elsewhere or by someone else about something unnecessary). After making a quick walk through the town on the other character I hardly play, that villager pinged and I was able to have them stay.

Telling them to move, even not as mayor, works as well, so I feel this is probably the most effective way to find the mover.

Something to keep note of though. I'm not sure if that character won't get pinged if they haven't been logged off for over a week (triggering that long time no see dialogue) and if so, you need to talk to the villagers every so often. Probably safer just to talk, but go to the option "just saying hi" as to not lead to more friendship development.

All this not fully tested though, so I can't really say this is fool-proof. Works for me though.
#43ultratspinPosted 8/20/2013 8:31:20 AMmessage detail
i might try that, thanks

what is the long time no see thing? i have had a little of that occasionally but i dont totally understand how it works
---
3ds 0387-8800-5557 linoone from kennelly
working on getting knox and blanche back :'( someday
#44Natsume_Tien7Posted 8/20/2013 11:03:11 AMmessage detail
ultratspin posted...
i might try that, thanks

what is the long time no see thing? i have had a little of that occasionally but i dont totally understand how it works

If you haven't talked to a villager in 7 days (time traveling forward, backwards won't affect this number) that villager will not do any pings even if they are next in line to move out. I make sure to just chat everyone up whenever they are outside their house.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Street Fighter 4, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Persona 4
#45JsoWizardPosted 8/20/2013 2:51:16 PMmessage detail(edited)
Looks like creating a new character has some flaws.

The moving villager won't ping for the conversation if the new character still has tutorial dialogue on the characters. I tested this on another cartridge and one of the villagers doesn't ping while the mayor does (thank god I checked as I was 2 days away from losing someone).

So for those who go and try this out, make sure that tutorial phase is complete. Also, to have conversations for like "go to mainstreet" from villagers out as well. Not sure how much needs to be spoken, but just a word of caution.

Perhaps it requires the character to own a house or talk to all npcs like Blatthers and the like once.

*New Discovery (maybe)* I finally got the new character on my other cartridge ping villagers they want to move. This happened after my character got Island access. So somewhere between getting the house to talking to all npcs in mainstreet to Kapp'n's appearance was what it takes for this method...which frankly is a bit time consuming that I wasn't aware of. A bit of investment for future ease of finding moving villagers (assuming mayor has high friendship) is rather worth it for me in my opinion.
#46xxjessica_91xxPosted 8/20/2013 3:11:34 PMmessage detail
Using the TT forward and back again to move villagers out, can you TT back to a day when all your villagers are outside of their houses (E.g Bug Catching contest) or will that not work? Just a bit of a pain having to reset the game god knows how many times trying to find out who is moving because they're always inside their houses.
#47Ghoul_GreenPosted 8/20/2013 8:51:37 PMmessage detail
I've had a lot of pings for villagers to move out though it wasn't intentional. What I was doing was travelling back and forth day by day to grow Blue Roses quicker and I realized that it was WAY more effective at getting villagers to ping you than 2 days forward and back. Instead, I went one day forward, two days back and one day forward again (repeatively) I happen to like about 8 of my 10 villagers and miraculously, they've all disappeared withing 2 hours. I also happen to talk to all my villagers like TC said and it has proved to work very well. I talk to whoever I see everyday because I have my blue roses spread throughout my town. TC's right about most of whatever he/she said and I can prove it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3566 2119 8065 Town name: Serdin
DELETE MY FC AFTER TRADING
#48Ghoul_GreenPosted 8/20/2013 8:52:27 PMmessage detail
Ghoul_Green posted...
I've had a lot of pings for villagers to move out though it wasn't intentional. What I was doing was travelling back and forth day by day to grow Blue Roses quicker and I realized that it was WAY more effective at getting villagers to ping you than 2 days forward and back. Instead, I went one day forward, two days back and one day forward again (repeatively) I happen to like about 8 of my 10 villagers and miraculously, they've all disappeared withing 2 hours. I also happen to talk to all my villagers like TC said and it has proved to work very well. I talk to whoever I see everyday because I have my blue roses spread throughout my town. TC's right about most of whatever he/she said and I can prove it.

I meant the two villagers I disliked leaving btw.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3566 2119 8065 Town name: Serdin
DELETE MY FC AFTER TRADING
#49PokegirlPosted 8/21/2013 9:50:17 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#50NovaRyumaruPosted 8/23/2013 9:04:26 AMmessage detail
Regarding the villager cycle, is there a pattern to moving villagers. Like if I wanted to TT straight to a villager in boxes without regard for who.
---
Nova ~ 3DS: 0860-3253-8367