This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Time Traveling and the 16 Villager Cycle: My Guide-ish Post

#51NovaRyumaruPosted 8/23/2013 10:05:54 AMmessage detail
Sorry for the double post, but for the 16 villagers does that include those you have or you have to cycle 16 out? Apparently I had cherry at some point and she moved and I'd like to get her back eventually xP
---
Nova ~ 3DS: 0860-3253-8367
#52zabimaru1000Posted 8/25/2013 1:42:14 AMmessage detail
ruby_diamond posted...
Final Tips

- Villagers never bring up moving from conversation.

It has to be from a "ping!" prompt. If they don't ping you at first, save and quit, then find them again. They'll eventually ping you if you save and quit enough.

Not true, other villagers can randomly bring up moving rumors that addresses the moving villager at random. It's kind of like looking for the police station request except there is no ping.

Villagers themselves can also bring up moving. Whether you missed his/her ping, or agreed that he/she should move the said villager can bring up the conversation again, telling you how many days are left he/she will move.

I made the mistake by talking to Henry after we agreed that he should move, because you have the option to persuade him to stay or move again. Henry decided to change his mind and stay. Although I want him to stay, he needs to move so that I can cycle quicker and get Vesta (my favorite villager) back.
#53BrownondorfPosted 8/25/2013 6:23:05 AMmessage detail
in my attempt at making rizzo move out of my town i discovered that you dont need to talk to every villager to know who is moving because when you launch the game, the villager who want to move will always be wandering outside and will ping you.

So, launch the game, check the villagers that are outside, if no one wants to move: save and TT 2 day forward.
check the villagers outside again, if no one ping you: save and TT 2 day backward.
repeat the process until you find the villager that want to move!
You do not have to waste your time to check all the villager by saving all launching the game again and again...

I've been doing this for many hours and didn't lose any villagers! (and i have popular villager like whitney, cube, sherry, punchy...)
#54Natsume_Tien7Posted 8/25/2013 12:39:58 PMmessage detail(edited)
Brownondorf posted...
in my attempt at making rizzo move out of my town i discovered that you dont need to talk to every villager to know who is moving because when you launch the game, the villager who want to move will always be wandering outside and will ping you.

So, launch the game, check the villagers that are outside, if no one wants to move: save and TT 2 day forward.
check the villagers outside again, if no one ping you: save and TT 2 day backward.
You do not have to waste your time to check all the villager by saving all launching the game again and again...

I've been doing this for many hours and didn't lose any villagers! (and i have popular villager like whitney, cube, sherry, punchy...)

Yes, they will be outside. No you don't have to talk to everyone every day. But like previously mentioned, there are many ways in which you can miss who pings. I talk to them after I've been TT'ing 5 days and no one has pinged just to make sure, as there is no way they can move on you within 5 days of the last time someone tried to.

Avery almost left on me last night doing the 2 day method because I wasn't being diligent about it. He was one more day from being in boxes.

See, sometimes villagers do what I like to call a "stealth move", in which even if they are moving, they NEVER ping you to tell you about it. The only way to find out is from other villagers. It's just about prevention of making a mistake and losing a beloved villager, you may have just been lucky or being good about finding the mover but you never know with this game...

I'm not saying you should always be extremely cautious either, as way more often than not it is easy to find the pinging villager. It's just that I lost Zucker in a previous village so I'm just a little crazy about it lol.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Street Fighter 4, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Persona 4
#55ultratspinPosted 8/25/2013 3:24:00 PMmessage detail
is it definitely 16 villagers moved in and out? since the person you want back can return
because i am on my 16th moving out and really want to buy knox back but not if it isnt possible yet :/
---
3ds 0387-8800-5557 linoone from kennelly
working on getting knox and blanche back :'( someday
#56kooparosePosted 8/25/2013 3:34:43 PMmessage detail
If some one asks one of my villagers to move to their town, and I TT them out, will that villager still move to that players town?
---
Town: Pastelle Name: Kayla FC; 0302-0004-7183
#57ultratspinPosted 8/25/2013 3:37:48 PMmessage detail
yes if the villagers door is locked that is a way to check they are def gone to the new town
---
3ds 0387-8800-5557 linoone from kennelly
working on getting knox and blanche back :'( someday
#58ruby_diamond(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 9:16:19 PMmessage detail
Brownondorf posted...

Right, yeah, I need to chime in here.

See, sometimes villagers don't ping you. Sometimes they ping you, but not about moving, and only after saving and quitting, thus resetting their dialogue, do they mention moving. I've had moving villagers ping me first about silly nonsense like my hairstyle, only for them to later ping me again after I saved and quit, to tell me they were moving. In fact, the point of saving and quitting so much is to gather as much information as possible. Talking to everyone multiple times helps reduce the possibility that someone is moving without your knowledge. Even with my method I can't be totally sure all the time, I'm just more sure than I would be if I didn't check everyone.

I'm really glad your method is working for you, but it's too easy to lose someone while TT'ing. Now, if anyone reading this prefers to check everyone that's outside and is satisfied that hey have enough information, that's just fine, but they should also be aware that they are taking more of a risk than necessary. I was heartbroken when I lost my old villager. I don't want anyone else to go through that.
#59BrownondorfPosted 8/26/2013 4:18:29 AMmessage detail
then i must be extremely lucky because i've done my method for many hours (and rizzo has yet to ask to move but nevermind, i'm begining to think that there's a bug a this point...) in my 2 games and didn't lose anyone :)
#60Natsume_Tien7Posted 8/26/2013 5:52:26 PMmessage detail
@ TC

Ha, our posts were so similar in response to Brownondorf. Glad I'm not the only one so into TT'ing out villagers that it has become like a science lol.

Brownondorf posted...
then i must be extremely lucky because i've done my method for many hours (and rizzo has yet to ask to move but nevermind, i'm begining to think that there's a bug a this point...) in my 2 games and didn't lose anyone :)

If Rizzo was your most recent move-in and you haven't had anyone else move in after him, he can't be randomly selected to move out unfortunately.

If that's not the case, you're just having some bad luck. Once I was trying to remove Tabby and had about 30 attempts from other villagers to move before it was finally her. She was a starting villager, too.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Street Fighter 4, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Persona 4