This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you unlock the emporium?

#1Solid---SteakPosted 8/9/2013 3:19:18 AM
I just got TIY today, wondering how to get the next upgrade.
#2jumiPosted 8/9/2013 3:22:04 AM(edited)
Have TIY for a certain number of days, spend a certain amount of money at TIY, and pass 4 Gracie fashion checks.

From the "Cheats" section: You must have spent 100,000 bells at T.I.Y and completed 4 Gracie Fashion Checks at Satisfactory level, and T.I.Y must have been open for 30 days.
---
XBL Gamertag: Rob Thorsman
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/robertvsilvers
#3Solid---Steak(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 3:33:12 AM
100,000 bells? Wow.
#4Solid---Steak(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 3:33:46 AM
Does anyone know if other people shopping there counts towards the total? Or does it have to be you that purchases items?
#5meifirePosted 8/9/2013 3:37:24 AM
Solid---Steak posted...
Does anyone know if other people shopping there counts towards the total? Or does it have to be you that purchases items?

Yes, it does. I had a friend buy a throne from my TIY and then Gracie showed up the next day. XD
---
FC: 0877 0056 4779/Town: Autumn/Characters: Suzie and Bethany
If you have Kyle or Felicity please message me!
#6JolteonPosted 8/9/2013 3:52:37 AM
meifire posted...
Yes, it does. I had a friend buy a throne from my TIY and then Gracie showed up the next day. XD

I'm pretty sure the two requirements are independent (meaning that spending 100,000 bells has nothing to do with whether or not Gracie will appear).
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#7meifirePosted 8/9/2013 3:58:35 AM
Jolteon posted...
meifire posted...

I'm pretty sure the two requirements are independent (meaning that spending 100,000 bells has nothing to do with whether or not Gracie will appear).

No, they're not. o.o You NEED to spend 100,000 bells in order to get a CHANCE for Gracie to appear. Gracie just happened to appear right after the day my friend bought out the throne.
---
FC: 0877 0056 4779/Town: Autumn/Characters: Suzie and Bethany
If you have Kyle or Felicity please message me!
#8Solid---Steak(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 4:01:03 AM
I thought 100k bells would be a lot, but I just grabbed 50k from the bank and ordered everything I could from the catalog. So, halfway there.
#9AnimeJet_V2Posted 8/9/2013 4:05:45 AM
meifire posted...
Jolteon posted...
meifire posted...

No, they're not. o.o You NEED to spend 100,000 bells in order to get a CHANCE for Gracie to appear. Gracie just happened to appear right after the day my friend bought out the throne.

Wrong, please stop spreading rumors. I've only had TIY for a week or less and i've not come close to spending 100K and i just got gracie today.
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 Locked @ 2837 Karma
http://shattered-earth.com
#10SquirrelettePosted 8/9/2013 4:44:08 AM
AnimeJet_V2 posted...
meifire posted...
Jolteon posted...
meifire posted...

Wrong, please stop spreading rumors. I've only had TIY for a week or less and i've not come close to spending 100K and i just got gracie today.

You must be lucky. My T.I.Y. opened on July 25th and I've yet to have Gracie show up.

Can anyone confirm whether catalogue ordering *does* count towards your required spending total?
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~