This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Villager's "preferred style" Only seen on Thonky..One of these looks wrong tho..

#1Blackburn1875Posted 8/14/2013 7:57:38 AM
I wanted to get my villagers a gift each, something of their preferred style, Bam the Jock, according to the site, likes Sporty...yeah, makes sense right? his house if full of sporty stuff

Pashmina likes Modern....wait...what? her house is full of antique or fancy stuff, I cant find a list anywhere other than thonky so they may be wrong or just simply pulled these 'preferred' styles out of thin air

anyone got any insight?
---
Animal Crossing New Leaf - 3566-1839-7792 (Abilene)
Need hundreds of Red Roses. PM me if you want to sell any number to me! (2k each or more in bulk)
#2Blackburn1875(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 8:22:20 AM
If anyone has insight Id love to here, if you need an incentive I'll give you an unorderable dlc if you can confirm thonky is right or point me to another source etc
---
Need hundreds of Red Roses. PM me if you want to sell any number to me! (2k each or more in bulk)
#3ac_helperPosted 8/14/2013 8:28:18 AM
According to Liquefy's FAQ here on GameFAQs, Pashmina indeed likes Modern stuff. Although his guide states the favorite style has to do with clothing, not furniture. Maybe just get her a shirt with her favorite style.

And no, the favorite things are not "pulled out of the air". They're usually taken from third party strategy guides, which can be inaccurate at times.
---
Currently playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#4Blackburn1875(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 8:29:58 AM
ac_helper posted...
According to Liquefy's FAQ here on GameFAQs, Pashmina indeed likes Modern stuff. Although his guide states the favorite style has to do with clothing, not furniture. Maybe just get her a shirt with her favorite style.

And no, the favorite things are not "pulled out of the air". They're usually taken from third party strategy guides, which can be inaccurate at times.

thanks a lot, ive read his guide before but i guessed i missed that (opera + ctrl-fing a gamefaqs guide = crash)
---
#5Blackburn1875(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 8:32:09 AM
I swear i read somewhere that buying a villager any item of their preferred style/colour makes them far more happy than picking any old thing

so theyd happily accept any furniture huh, hmmm
---
#6ac_helperPosted 8/14/2013 8:38:18 AM
Blackburn1875 posted...
ac_helper posted...

thanks a lot, ive read his guide before but i guessed i missed that (opera + ctrl-fing a gamefaqs guide = crash)

I use Firefox. Also, in your site settings, I think you can specify if you want large text guides all on one page, or broken up into several smaller pages, if that makes it easier to handle for your browser.
Ah! Yes, here:

Click on your username, then click on Modify Your Site Settings. For the 3rd option on the list, "Large FAQ display", choose the 2nd option in the drop down list (Split File - Split FAQs into 50KB pages). Click the 'Update your settings' button, and voila! Hopefully no more browser crashing. (If that's the problem.)
---
Currently playing:
#7ac_helperPosted 8/14/2013 8:42:30 AM
Blackburn1875 posted...
I swear i read somewhere that buying a villager any item of their preferred style/colour makes them far more happy than picking any old thing

so theyd happily accept any furniture huh, hmmm

As far as I can tell, my villagers like when I send/give them anything furniture related. They usually put it in their house, although I find when I do send (in a letter) them furniture that happens to match their favorite shirt style, they seem to have a better chance of sending something back in their reply letter.
---
Currently playing: