This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

House Centipede

#1Pale_HeartPosted 8/29/2013 6:31:42 AM
Does anyone have any trouble finding a House Centipede? I know I have a couple of months to capture one but every night and for a couple of hours, I hit all my rocks and either nothing came out or a pill bug pops up. It's 7pm to 4am correct?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2594-9833-9847
New Leaf: Robin at Reston
#2Earth_EchidnaPosted 8/29/2013 6:36:48 AM
Indeed it is. I also had a bit of trouble finding one. My advise is to memorise where every rock in your village is, then go around the village hitting rocks. Take one point in the cycle to save and continue, thus allowing the insects to respawn, and you'll find it eventually. Be warned that you may find it after quite a number of cycles, as I think it's rarer than ordinary centipedes and pill bugs.
---
3DS FC: 2707-2741-9594
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards
#3iPOUTPosted 8/29/2013 6:52:57 AM
This is just my theory, but it does help to visit someone else's town to get it. I never find it whenever I'm in my own town, but everytime I visit my friend's town, I catch at least one.
#4Pale_Heart(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 9:12:42 AM
iPOUT posted...
This is just my theory, but it does help to visit someone else's town to get it. I never find it whenever I'm in my own town, but everytime I visit my friend's town, I catch at least one.

it wouldn't hurt to try it. thanks for the suggestion!
---
3DS Friend Code: 2594-9833-9847
New Leaf: Robin at Reston
#5Turtwig0Posted 8/29/2013 9:15:09 AM
I found one in less than 5 minutes this way (note I have 2 rocks that are only a couple of steps away)

1. Find a spot where 2 rocks are the closest
2. Hit each one
3. If the centipede doesn't appear save and continue
4. Repeat
---
3DS friend code: 2595-0726-1426
Gillian from Rye
#6happychanPosted 8/29/2013 9:17:49 AM
Pale_Heart posted...
Does anyone have any trouble finding a House Centipede? I know I have a couple of months to capture one but every night and for a couple of hours, I hit all my rocks and either nothing came out or a pill bug pops up. It's 7pm to 4am correct?

You're having a problem because it spawns more often in September.
#7Phazon WeaponPosted 8/29/2013 9:19:50 AM
My girlfriend and I have found them already this month.

Do everything the 5th post said.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0CZhh4b.jpg
#8darkshadowspawnPosted 8/29/2013 11:12:09 AM
happychan posted...
You're having a problem because it spawns more often in September.

Caught quite a few in early August, so if they're more common in September, I'll have them crawling out of my ears...
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh