This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I be keeping mushrooms for the harvest festival?

#11piranhapetePosted 9/4/2013 6:10:23 AM
hellokittygirl1 posted...
Seems odd that an event would rely on your town having weeds though, maybe more spawn on that day? For example, too freakin bad if you didn't know beforehand right? No items for you unless you TT for more weeds..sounds flawed.

And the other thing is they don't even grow quickly. I was trying to get a lot of weeds to make Leif weed my town. After 2 weeks I had maybe 15 weeds. IDK.

Nope, you don't get more weeds to pick for weeding day. You just gotta let 'em grow or no special items for you. What's perhaps the oddest part is that if you want the topiary PWPs, you have to have your town clean of weeds at the beginning of the day, so you can't get both prizes in one year.
---
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen!
So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
#12AualloniaPosted 9/4/2013 6:53:05 AM
Don't wilted flowers count as weeds?
---
3DS FC: 4270-1183-1000 ACNL: Toan from Norune
Thank you kookybat for being so kind!
#13HappygogoPosted 9/4/2013 8:11:21 AM
So enough about weed day which isn't until April.

Is it 100% true that the mushroom event uses its own mushrooms, and no hoarding is required today?
#14ThadBarrPosted 9/4/2013 12:23:06 PM
piranhapete posted...
hellokittygirl1 posted...
Seems odd that an event would rely on your town having weeds though, maybe more spawn on that day? For example, too freakin bad if you didn't know beforehand right? No items for you unless you TT for more weeds..sounds flawed.

And the other thing is they don't even grow quickly. I was trying to get a lot of weeds to make Leif weed my town. After 2 weeks I had maybe 15 weeds. IDK.

Nope, you don't get more weeds to pick for weeding day. You just gotta let 'em grow or no special items for you. What's perhaps the oddest part is that if you want the topiary PWPs, you have to have your town clean of weeds at the beginning of the day, so you can't get both prizes in one year.

Oh, so that's how it worked. In my JP village, I was happy yesterday when Leif/Lazy told me that the topiaries were unlocked, but I was depressed that I didn't receive any items. I even went to my EU village and picked 30 weeds to see of that would count.

It was also interesting to learn from Leif that anyone in the village who picks 30 weeds can get a special item. So if you had two villages, and you let your village completely over grow for 120 days, you could conceivably get all eight items. (120 X 2 = 30 X 8)

Happygogo posted...
So enough about weed day which isn't until April.

Is it 100% true that the mushroom event uses its own mushrooms, and no hoarding is required today?

I downloaded my JP copy on release day back in November, and I can guarantee you that all you have to do is pick the mushrooms that naturally pop up every day. You don't even need to have any stumps, special or not.