This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Island Etiquette...?

#1WitchBaby4200Posted 9/14/2013 7:22:33 AM
So... Question to those who use Club Tortimer often...
I just started using it, one because I finally have Internet after going without it for a couple months, and two, to get hard to find island items. I got the striped wetsuit and nearly wet myself with excitement. And then I decided to run around naked. Veterans of this board will understand. ANYWAY...
Every once in a while I'll come across someone and we'll chat for a few, and then I'll head out. Today I came across someone, very nice mind you, who asked to visit my town. I was a little taken aback as I don't let strangers visit my town and I thought it was a little presumptuous to even ask. I said "Sorry. I only allow friends" and then quickly left.
Does this happen often? If so, what is the protocol? Do you let strangers visit your town? I didn't even think that was possible unless they had your Town Code... Or your FC for that matter! Maybe it was a kid who didn't know any better and I just dashed his dreams of finally having a girl friend.... Hmm. Schadenfreude. :D
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#2bella1655Posted 9/14/2013 7:29:33 AM
Yeah, I use Club Tortimer a bit also. I go in, see if I have an item, and leave if no good items are available.
If I find a nice person we may chat a bit, and then I leave. Simple.
---
Name: Bella. Town: Guam
FC-5370-0666-5217
#3nintendoggerPosted 9/14/2013 7:38:29 AM
I let them visit my town only so as not to awaken the spirit of Cthulu.
---
Dream in West Egg, the Great Gatsby themed town: 5100-2292-8609
~Feel free to ask me about New Leaf interior decorating help~