This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions on bushes, bamboo trees, patterns, fengshui etc...

#1IndigoIcePosted 10/4/2013 2:57:29 PM
I'm currently decorating my town since I already set 10 permanent villagers.

1) Bushes: How many types of bushes are there? Does bushes count as "trees" or "flowers" to achieve the perfect town?

2) Bamboo trees: Does the bamboo trees count as "trees" to achieve the perfect town? How do I know when it's fully grown? How long does it take to fully grow it?

3) Patterns: Can visitors through train station clear the pathway patterns on my ground by pressing "Y"?

4) Fengshui:
a) Is it better to have as many red/green/yellow furnitures as possible? Or there's no difference as long as there's at least 1 of each colour on 3 sides?

b) Does having multiple of the same item contributes in fengshui? Example: Placing 4 same red maple bonsai = 4x the luck?
---
FC: 0877-1052-4802
#2Dork_VaderPosted 10/5/2013 12:30:28 AM(edited)
I have a perfect town with regular trees outnumbered at least 2 to 1 in my town by bamboo and bushes, possibly higher, but I think I skewed my score due to the hundreds and hundreds of flowers I have.

Bamboo is fully grown when there is no brown on the stem, it takes three or four days I think.

You can kick up patterns in other peoples towns last time I checked.

Stacking items works fine, like toadstool tables are green/green, putting green/green items on them gives 4x green for that square, or you can put a yellow/green or yellow/yellow item and mix and match that way.

The colors of the items themselves are not always obvious, best to check the various feng shui guides online to see what is what, and don't neglect lucky items.
---
Harmony is peace, peace is unity, unity is harmony. I tell this to the Nook man. He ask me to leave.
FC: 5043-1916-2602 DA: 4700-2174-5995
#3ghosta2Posted 10/5/2013 1:16:15 AM(edited)
you can increase your fung shui points by placing tables and then items on top. you can get 4 points per tile (5 if it's a lucky item).
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#4IndigoIce(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 2:42:14 AM
Thx for the replies. ^_^

Does the basement contributes to fengshui?

Some sources say yes, others say no. I'm abit confused lol.
---
FC: 0877-1052-4802
#5MechaFlyGuyPosted 10/5/2013 3:09:20 AM
IndigoIce posted...
I'm currently decorating my town since I already set 10 permanent villagers.

1) Bushes: How many types of bushes are there? Does bushes count as "trees" or "flowers" to achieve the perfect town?

2) Bamboo trees: Does the bamboo trees count as "trees" to achieve the perfect town? How do I know when it's fully grown? How long does it take to fully grow it?

3) Patterns: Can visitors through train station clear the pathway patterns on my ground by pressing "Y"?

4) Fengshui:
a) Is it better to have as many red/green/yellow furnitures as possible? Or there's no difference as long as there's at least 1 of each colour on 3 sides?

b) Does having multiple of the same item contributes in fengshui? Example: Placing 4 same red maple bonsai = 4x the luck?

8 bush types, red and yellow hibiscus, white and pink azalea, blue and pink hygrangea, holly, and sweet olive. Bushes arent taken into consideration for perfect town, so u still need a certain fixed amount of trees and flowers.

Dunno if bamboo counts as trees for perfect town, but yes, takes 3 days to fully grow, then will spawn bamboo seeds around it.

Visitors cannot kick up ur patterns.

Dunno bout feng shui, but basement is taken into consideration for hha, so think feng shui counts too
---
ACNL Dani of Nervosa 0259 1644 0716
Dream Code: 5200 2177 5035
#6Dork_VaderPosted 10/5/2013 6:19:11 AM(edited)
Basement is not taken into consideration for HHA or Feng Shui, only first floor main room for Feng Shui, and only the first and second floor rooms for HHA.

I'm pretty sure bamboo and bushes count as trees, otherwise I would be way below the minimum amount needed, as I don't think I even have 50 trees right now, but if I pick up the furniture I dropped from my deleted mule toon I get perfect town immediately.
---
Harmony is peace, peace is unity, unity is harmony. I tell this to the Nook man. He ask me to leave.
FC: 5043-1916-2602 DA: 4700-2174-5995
#7AnimeJet_V2Posted 10/5/2013 8:26:38 AM
bushes don't count but Bamboo does. I've chopped down bamboo to lose and gain perfect status before.
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 Locked @ 2837 Karma
http://shattered-earth.com