This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazing Dream Town Contest: P1 Rules and Submissions

#1theotherpromisePosted 12/12/2013 1:25:21 PM
***PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING***

With the Holiday season approaching I thought it would be nice to engage in a friendly competition to see who on GameFAQs has the best Dream Towns. The ultimate goal is to create a list of all of these best towns so people getting AC: NL for the Holidays can visit these towns to get an idea on what amazing towns look like. It would also be nice if The Results got stickied so that people who visit this board in the future can also see them.

I am planning to create three topics: Submission Phase, Voting Phase, and The Results. I want to have The Results ready by Christmas, as well as give a week for the Voting Phase, so the Submission Phase will likely end on Sunday 15th, if not sooner depending on how many Codes this topic gets. I am looking for somewhere between 50-100 Dream codes for this contest (more will become a hassle to look through, and less wonít give enough to vote for). I will list the top 10-20 on The Results topic. If you will not have time to visit dream towns between Monday 16th and Monday 23rd do not bother posting your dream code, as not voting will get your submission DISQUALIFIED.

RULES:

SUBMISSION PHASE:
1) You can only submit one dream town. (It has to be your own, or at least a personal friend or family member. This is not a contest for already known famous towns like Aika)
2) Your town should be how you want it when you post (you will technically be able to tweak your town until the voting phase starts but it will be best if your town is at its best when you submit it.)
a. You should only post your town if you are very satisfied with it; it is either complete or mostly complete.
3) When posting your Dream Code include selling points on why people should enter your town. (This is VITAL. No one will want to visit 50+ dream towns so your selling points are the difference between getting visited and being overlooked. As such including selling points is MANDATORY for this topic. Not doing so will get you DISQUALIFIED from the contest!)

VOTING PHASE:
1) Once the voting phase starts, do not update your dream code (this way everyone who visits it will see the exact same version)
2) If you posted your Dream Code in the Submission phase you MUST vote. Not voting will get you DISQUALIFIED! (It is impolite to expect others to vote for your town if you are not willing to vote for theirs.)
3) You can NOT vote for your own town.
4) You will vote for your 5 favorite towns. These will not be in order, but if you thought one town really stood out as amazing put an asterisk by it (this will be used for tiebreakers or possibly runner up awards).
5) Even if you did not post in the Submission Phase you can still vote in the Voting Phase.
6) If you do not want to visit every town use the selling points to choose which towns you will visit. But you MUST visit every town you vote for.

This topic is for Submissions ONLY. I will close this topic once it has enough and then create a NEW topic for the Voting Phase. So please only post in this topic when you are sharing your Dream Code and Selling Points.
---
Animal Crossing New Leaf DC: 5400-2261-0642 (Kingdom Hearts town with Mass Effect, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and Kingdom Hearts houses)
#2theotherpromise(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 1:26:19 PM
Iíll start things off

DC: 5400-2261-0642
Town: Traverse
Mayor: Alex

Selling Points:
My town is inspired by Kingdom Heartís Traverse Town (though even those unfamiliar with the series should be able to appreciate it). Explore the three distinct districts, each with its own flora, lighting scheme, and patterns (all the patterns in my town are of my own design). Can you find all of the trinity marks scattered around town? (Hint: there are 10)

Visit my four characterís houses:

Alex with his Silent Hill inspired normal house with unsettling touches (Is that a face in the mirror? And what is up with that creepy shrine?).

Miku with her Fatal Frame inspired haunted Japanese mansion (Feel the unnerving sound of just water and deer scares in the courtyard. Can you survive an encounter with a murderous spirit while armed only with a camera in the Great Hall on the second floor?).

Miranda with her Mass Effect inspired spaceship, crewed by friendly gyroids (all of the gyroids are hard at work, except for those on their lunch break in the cafeteria, or the one visiting the sick bay).

And Riku in his Kingdom Hearts inspired castle, each room with a distinct feel to represent different Kingdom Heartsí worlds (Traverse the peaceful beaches of Destiny Island. Or find the hidden room which contains memorabilia of the seven Princesses of Heart, five of which are famous Disney Princesses.).
---
Animal Crossing New Leaf DC: 5400-2261-0642 (Kingdom Hearts town with Mass Effect, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and Kingdom Hearts houses)
#3hanusamikePosted 12/12/2013 1:47:45 PM
My town is not nearly ready for this but I do support this quite a bit!
Anybody who supports this, whether you enter or not, please speak up because it is a fantastic idea!
#4LumosEchoPosted 12/12/2013 2:23:56 PM
Town: Paradiso
Dream Address: 6900-3099-9969

Selling Points:

To many, Paradiso wont be anything special.. Not themed, or coloured in a specific way.. No super duper popular villagers (except maybe Lolly and Fang)

But Paradiso is, in my opinion, truly beautiful. Its my first New Leaf town and I've really put my heart into it.

In Paradiso at the moment it is the end of September and the colours of autumn are slowly seeping in, (I might update it in winter when we get there, but I'm still deciding). there are no words to describe how much i love my town, and how much effort i put into making it pretty.

When I search for dream codes, I dont look for themed towns, or cool ones, (God forbid horror ones!) I look for relaxing, peaceful, sweet little pretty towns.

So to many, my town wont be much, but maybe to someone, someone like me, it might just be special.
---
Mayor Mae, Paradiso :D
Dream Address: 6900-3099-9969. Friend code: 5155-3032-2892
#5LumosEchoPosted 12/12/2013 2:42:10 PM
LumosEcho posted...
Town: Paradiso
Dream Address: 6900-3099-9969

Selling Points:

To many, Paradiso wont be anything special.. Not themed, or coloured in a specific way.. No super duper popular villagers (except maybe Lolly and Fang)

But Paradiso is, in my opinion, truly beautiful. Its my first New Leaf town and I've really put my heart into it.

In Paradiso at the moment it is the end of September and the colours of autumn are slowly seeping in, (I might update it in winter when we get there, but I'm still deciding). there are no words to describe how much i love my town, and how much effort i put into making it pretty.

When I search for dream codes, I dont look for themed towns, or cool ones, (God forbid horror ones!) I look for relaxing, peaceful, sweet little pretty towns.

So to many, my town wont be much, but maybe to someone, someone like me, it might just be special.

One last thing, my characters:

Mae: Mayor, my house is just a normal house, almost fully expanded with Princess, Rocco, Classic furniture sets and a kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room.

Sophia: Sophia runs a hotel, it's not much yet, and with only a reception and upstairs small room its not going very far.. But its cheap! And Sophia is very friendly!

Lillie: Lillie is opening her own Hogwarts, it's still expanding but once it's finished she'll have the Great Hall, Gryffindor Common room/dorms, Herbology greenhouse, Potions dungeon, Divination classroom.

My current villagers are: Static, Rowan, Henry, Fang, Ribbot, Walker, Alice, Melba, Sprinkle, Lolly.
---
Mayor Mae, Paradiso :D
Dream Address: 6900-3099-9969. Friend code: 5155-3032-2892
#6Lexi895Posted 12/12/2013 2:52:43 PM(edited)
Dream code: 4900-2796-9610
Town: Rosewood
Mayor: Aubrey

Why you should visit mine/selling points:

I have worked very hard on my town. I have an area in my town where you can walk through and see it all light up at night. There's a quiet little park to sit and relax and drink a cup of coffee (if you open the gifts by the town tree when you come to my dream) As you walk through Rosewood you will notice a flower mural. You will notice I have tried making everything symmetrical. I also have quite a few hybrid gardens.

My town is also not themed, but I thought why make a themed town when in my opinion it will limit me to what I can do. Though I like themed towns as well.

Houses:

Aubrey: I've tried to make this house like a real home. I also have a Christmas themed room.

Bentley: I have filled this house with rare furniture.

Zoey: Every room holds something different.

Laylee: This house has some pretty cool rooms.

---
FC: 3050-8930-6770. Town: Rosewood Name:Aubrey. Dream code: 4900-2796-9610
Residents: Julian, Beau, Fauna, Zucker, Bam, Diana, Tom, Rosie, Dizzy, Papi
#7annex3636Posted 12/12/2013 4:33:39 PM
5600-2591-4388.My towns name is Joy.
Just recently made some fun changes.
There's a lot to do in my town.
You can visit the Halloween witches house.There's a monster party to attend and a spooky party down stairs.Don't forget to visit the grave yard.Behind the witches house you can pick pumpkins.Just don't let the witch catch you.
Then you can attend Cinderella's wedding.Evil stepsisters are not invited.sorry.
Snow White is still waiting for her prince.She is living comfortably with the dwarfs and has started her own fruit stand.She also tends to the pigs and roosters.
Looking for more excitement?Come see the North pole.
You can cut down your own Christmas tree at the tree farm.How about some iceskating at the pond.Inside Santa's house you can visit the workshop to see how the elves do their work.Visit Mrs.Claus in the kitchen.I'm sure she'll give you a cookie to sample.Or go in the back yard and build a snowman-have a snowball fight-Or go sledding or skiing.Don't forget to tell Santa what you want for Christmas.
#8PokeFan2011Posted 12/12/2013 4:44:25 PM
Dream Address: 4700-2152-1851
Town: Koholint
Mayor: Eileen

My town does not have an overall theme, but I've put a lot of work into making it look nice with paths, bushes, and public works projects. I have a lot of really cool items wrapped up throughout my town, as well, like throwing beans, ice cream, toy hammer, bubble wand, and tweeter, plus a few others. Near my picnic blanket, there's also some coffee, a good luck roll, and a chocolate coin. I've left some fancy clothes on either side of the town tree, both a girl's outfit and a boy's outfit. I have a lot of flowers throughout my town, as well. I have a nice park area near the campsite, a hot spring surrounded by bamboo trees, and two fountains surrounded by blue roses, just to name a couple of my favorite spots in town.

As for my houses, my mayor is named after myself, and my for my three alts, I picked names from some of my favorite game series. (Pokemon, Final Fantasy, and Legend of Zelda). They're names don't really have anything to do with they're houses, though.

Eileen's house is my mayor's house, with a not-so-secret sci-fi lair in the basement. The main room is decorated for Christmas right now. It's a golden castle surrounded by Bell trees.

Brock's house is a convenience store with a sloppy bedroom upstairs and an arcade in the basement.

Aerith's house is a hotel, with a lobby and 5 hotel rooms.

Link's house has a Zelda themed room on the first floor with a gallery of the pictures that I've gotten from my villagers upstairs.
---
3DS FC: 1848-1764-3422; NNID: MetaTriforce376; PSN: NookTriforce376
AC:NL Dream Address: 4700-2152-1851, Eileen from Koholint
#9Mystery2013Posted 12/12/2013 8:45:39 PM
Town: Moonlite
Dream Address: 5900-3030-4905

Selling Points:
Are you brave enough to venture deep into Moonlite? An empty town with clues all over. Town abandoned. Residents gone. Maybe you can be the one to solve this mystery. Go ahead. Give it your best shot. You'll either find out all the answers or die trying...

-Themed town with well designed houses.
-Matching catchphrases/greetings.
-Snow in the town.
-4 am music.
-Clothes to wear.
-Slowly giving them custom design shirts, I think Dotty has hers on though.
---
FC: 4725-9176-7681 || Mystery from Moonlite
DC: 5900-3030-4905 || newleafstories.tumblr.com
#10Killa1Posted 12/12/2013 9:24:20 PM
Tag!

Looks like I have a lot of great dream towns to visit!