This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is no one signing up for my Dream Town Contest?

#1theotherpromisePosted 12/12/2013 7:22:42 PM
I am currently trying to create a contest on GameFAQs where people can vote for their favorite dream towns that GameFAQs users have made, but I am getting far fewer people posting than I expected.

The topic in question is this one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/68078478

If you have been to this topic but chose not to participate can you please say why that is. It would be nice to have some feedback so I can know what about it is intimidating.

I really need more participants if I am actually going to be able to create this contest. So if your main concern is that you don't think your town is good enough, even though you have put tons of effort into it, then please don't be so modest.
---
Animal Crossing New Leaf DC: 5400-2261-0642 (Kingdom Hearts town with Mass Effect, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and Kingdom Hearts houses)
#2Mystery2013Posted 12/12/2013 7:23:28 PM
I'd enter but my town is far from finished and there is still a lot of things I want to do to it.
---
FC: 4725-9176-7681 || DC: 5900-3030-4905 || Mystery from Moonlite
newleafstories.tumblr.com || Official Member of the LLC
#3theotherpromise(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 7:34:32 PM
Mystery2013 posted...
I'd enter but my town is far from finished and there is still a lot of things I want to do to it.

Just because it isn't very far doesn't mean it can't be a favorite of several people. If your town is developed enough that people can see what you are working towards then that is good enough for the sake of this contest.

If your town looks cool enough as is that you think someone would vote for it, then you should enter it. After all in the end I am trying to create a topic with awesome dream towns that could get stickied so everyone can see them.

Also Mystery2013 I have been to Moonlight and thought that it was pretty interesting, also don't underestimate how important the selling points could be. Since you are trying to tell a story in your town, that is a mighty strong selling point to most voters.
---
Animal Crossing New Leaf DC: 5400-2261-0642 (Kingdom Hearts town with Mass Effect, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and Kingdom Hearts houses)
#4Mystery2013Posted 12/12/2013 7:35:53 PM
theotherpromise posted...
Mystery2013 posted...

Just because it isn't very far doesn't mean it can't be a favorite of several people. If your town is developed enough that people can see what you are working towards then that is good enough for the sake of this contest.

If your town looks cool enough as is that you think someone would vote for it, then you should enter it. After all in the end I am trying to create a topic with awesome dream towns that could get stickied so everyone can see them.

Also Mystery2013 I have been to Moonlight and thought that it was pretty interesting, also don't underestimate how important the selling points could be. Since you are trying to tell a story in your town, that is a mighty strong selling point to most voters.

I guess I can give it a try.
---
FC: 4725-9176-7681 || Mystery from Moonlite
DC: 5900-3030-4905 || newleafstories.tumblr.com
#5annex3636Posted 12/12/2013 7:45:36 PM
I think maybe that's the problem.People may think their towns not good enough.I love this idea and I hope more people sign up.Ive seen some cool towns on this site.And I cant wait to start visiting more of them.Some ive seen already but I will visit again.People change their towns and add new stuff.Mystery-Ive seen your town too.I liked it.You guys have nothing to lose.its just for fun.
#6annex3636Posted 12/12/2013 7:48:12 PM
Ide also like to meantion that you'll have a lot more visitors in your dream suite.Its kind of cool to see how many people have seen your town.
#7PokeFan2011Posted 12/12/2013 7:51:22 PM
annex3636 posted...
I think maybe that's the problem.People may think their towns not good enough.I love this idea and I hope more people sign up.Ive seen some cool towns on this site.And I cant wait to start visiting more of them.Some ive seen already but I will visit again.People change their towns and add new stuff.Mystery-Ive seen your town too.I liked it.You guys have nothing to lose.its just for fun.

Yeah, I that's probably it. I wasn't going to put mine up at first because I've seen towns that most people probably think are better than mine, but I decided that I'd do it anyway because this is just for fun, so it's no big deal.
---
3DS FC: 1848-1764-3422; NNID: MetaTriforce376; PSN: NookTriforce376
AC:NL Dream Address: 4700-2152-1851, Eileen from Koholint
#8theotherpromise(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 7:53:19 PM
annex3636 posted...

I am worried that I made it sound a lot more intimidating than I meant when I said I wanted towns that were mostly complete. I've been to a lot of people's towns on this board that, while not necessarily complete, have a lot of interesting things going on. Basically if you could write a selling point that could convince people to visit your town, your town would work for this competition. The only people who should be hesitant to participate are the ones who couldn't write a selling point, since that most likely means they have nothing distinctive about their town. And of course those who won't have time to vote.
---
#9annex3636Posted 12/12/2013 7:58:20 PM
Just give it some more time.I'm sure more people will post.I had fun describing my town.I wasn't sure what I would put at first but after I got started It was pretty easy.
#10theotherpromise(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 8:08:42 PM
annex3636 posted...
Just give it some more time.I'm sure more people will post.I had fun describing my town.I wasn't sure what I would put at first but after I got started It was pretty easy.

The problem with simply waiting is that I was hoping to get The Results done by Christmas, while still giving people plenty of time to vote, so I can't wait too long for submissions.

Also if anyone knows someone who has a really cool town please let them know about this contest.
---