This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you randomly lose villagers from wifi?

#1Chami-LuvPosted 3/17/2014 1:13:55 PM
I remember reading somewhere that over local connection with a friend, this girl got a villager from her friend's town but the villager in question wasn't planning on moving. Can this happen over wifi visits? I have so many dream villagers in my town (Stitches, Diana, Static, Puddles-well, my dream villagers at least). I don't want them to just up and go while I'm showing them off to a friend over wifi!
#2audditsPosted 3/17/2014 1:24:31 PM
That sounds weird. Are they sure they weren't planning on moving? Maybe they missed a ping or the other villagers didn't say anything about them moving; also them moving to another town would only happen if they were in boxes already. I know villagers would move over once they've left, by street pass or wifi, none of what your story has any requirements filled.

They won't just leave without telling you unless you (1) rarely play; they can leave if they were planning on it before hand, but since you rarely play, you haven't been able to hear the gossip or (2) barely talk to villagers; without talking to your own villagers, there can be rumors of said villager to be thinking about moving around town or they would ping you.
Either or, they could send you a questionable letter if you guys are close if they're going to be in boxes soon.

My Portia sent me a letter saying "I have something to tell you, but, I think it's better in person" or so the day before she was going to be in boxes since I knew she was leaving but she never was able to ping me during daylight hours.

So fear not, they won't just gather up and leave you! Animal Crossing is a game where friendships come first, so, either they really really hate you to break the game and leave without a word, or there's some details that person didn't mention.
---
3DS FC: 2621-3160-5226
ACNL: Iggy from Tumors // Pokemon X: Pasty (auddits)
#3Chami-Luv(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 1:34:16 PM
Thank you so much! This was worrying me for a while! Does that mean you can keep your dream town forever? If you keep telling villagers not to leave you can keep your current town for as long as you want right? Thanks again!
#4kissmahbuttPosted 3/17/2014 1:36:21 PM
Chami-Luv posted...
Thank you so much! This was worrying me for a while! Does that mean you can keep your dream town forever? If you keep telling villagers not to leave you can keep your current town for as long as you want right? Thanks again!

Correct. If you play every day (or every 4 days) and talk to everyone, no one will move.
---
Rhode, from Faron (3DS: 4441-8769-2754)
#5annex3636Posted 3/17/2014 2:20:45 PM
Ive kept the same 10 villagers for at least 6 months now.If you want to take a break for a while-make sure its on a day that a villager pings you to say they are moving.Then you can stay away as long as you. Like without anyone moving away.
---
Town name-Joy.fc-1134-7829-3310.Mayor-Annie.
Live-Love-Laugh.
#6Chami-Luv(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 5:12:03 PM
Thanks so much for all the help guys! I really appreciate it! I'm so glad we can keep villagers forever now! :D

I've heard about the 'waiting before the ping before hiatus' thing too so I'm glad to hear a confirmation on that!