This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you a completionist?

#1pinapplehappyPosted 5/8/2014 3:04:50 PM
Are you a completionist? - Results (84 votes)
Yeah, I want/have a complete catalog
33.33% (28 votes)
Heck yeah, I want/have a complete catalog and most non catalog items (pics, streetpass items, etc)
32.14% (27 votes)
No, I take what I can get and leave it at that.
34.52% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm a big completionist when it comes to most games I play. Please share your ACNL accomplishments with me. Feel free to brag. We're not nerds, we're just awesome like dat.

If you're not a completionist, you can still join the fun! Share your thoughts and accomplishments, too.

*My catalog is almost complete. I'm just missing the silver and bronze bug trophies.
*I have all Streetpass items.
* My villager pic collection is 39 pics away from completion.
*I have all hybrid seed bags and various other miscellaneous items.
*I'm just missing the gold dream badge and all the streetpass badges (I don't live in a place where I easily get streetpasses).
---
Mickey from Alfea
0103 9908 8519
#2mumblefumblebeePosted 5/8/2014 3:11:46 PM
i remember getting an almost-complete catalog in wild world, i wish they would've kept the number on how many items you have left to get.
---
3DS FC 3024-5015-2805 [Viridian]
DA 5300-3761-2825 ~
#3stitchmakerPosted 5/8/2014 3:28:15 PM
Yes. Getting all hybrids was my goal. Now getting all the badges for my first town is my new goal.
Adding a 2nd and than making my harvest town real I lost some time.
Thanks to help I learnt the trick for turnips and completed it in one day. 5 players have that one now.
Close to finishing the dream suite thanks to the tip on leaving as soon as you arrive.

The catalog is still missing a few DLC Japan items but I do have a friend that hosts the days.
The streetpass one is driving me crazy. I made the mistake of opening the wrong town first.
I also gave up taking my 3DS out. It was only streetpassing myself. So I just streetpass my two 3DS twice a day. Clear the plaza and the right game. Wait 8 hours and do it again.
#4pinapplehappy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 3:28:51 PM
mumblefumblebee posted...
i remember getting an almost-complete catalog in wild world, i wish they would've kept the number on how many items you have left to get.

I wish that, too. The only number the game keeps track of is your number of visitors. I wish I could know how many dream towns I've visited.
---
Mickey from Alfea
0103 9908 8519
#5MLBloomyPosted 5/8/2014 3:36:42 PM
I'm a completionist, but also a legit player that prefers to earn things myself, so I will accept gaps in my collection if I don't believe I can get something legitimately. This covers DLC and holiday items from outside North America that can't be ordered (like the 7-11 items), because I don't want duplicated stuff, and villager pics.

Have 13 gold badges, 6 silver (bug / fish / seafood counts, medals, savings account and K.K.), 4 bronze (weeding, visiting, hosting, StreetPass) and haven't gotten bronze yet for the Dream Suite.

My town's had 23 total villagers, gotten pics from 21 of them, with the other 2 recent move ins. One of the pics was from April Fool's Day, so I'm still working on that villager for a friendship pic.

I need to go through my collection of StreetPass items to see what I have. Have all the fossil models, kept extra sets of Festivale feathers, Egg Day eggs, non-catalog Halloween items and Harvest Festival ingredients, still need to come across one of the Club Tortimer wet suits.
#6shmengeePosted 5/8/2014 6:40:11 PM
I want to get a complete catalog but I don't care much about getting non-catalog, hard-to-get items like the foreign country stuff. I also only care to get the villager pictures for villagers I have had in my town, because I would not have any sentimental feelings for pictures of strangers.
---
4940-6623-2912; Camelot
#7BareFootTunaPosted 5/8/2014 6:50:08 PM
Catalog completionist and I hate it. I don't even know why I want to finish it. At least you get the badge this time. But there is no point considering I will have to do it again in the next AC.

Forget collection non catalog items. That's for the true nerds who are bored of the game and have nothing better to do. I'm kidding. If it wasn't for storage and hoarding problems I would probably collect those things to for some unknown reason.
---
FC: 3196-3691-8780 /// DC: 4100-2240-6607 Javier from Moonside /// IGN: Javy
TSV:1105 /// Safari: Combee, Voltbeat, Venomoth
#8pinapplehappy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 7:06:01 PM
BareFootTuna posted...
Catalog completionist and I hate it. I don't even know why I want to finish it. At least you get the badge this time. But there is no point considering I will have to do it again in the next AC.

Forget collection non catalog items. That's for the true nerds who are bored of the game and have nothing better to do. I'm kidding. If it wasn't for storage and hoarding problems I would probably collect those things to for some unknown reason.

I know right! :D I've created 2 extra characters just to hold all my unorderables and miscellaneous items. All that stuff takes up their houses, closet storages, and post office letter storages.
---
Mickey from Alfea
0103 9908 8519
#9BlizzardandBlazPosted 5/8/2014 7:25:43 PM
I started out as a completionist, but gave it up after I hit the storage cap. Then I thought that I would complete the catalog. Then, Festivale came along. I started to question why I was working so hard to get entries for stuff I can't order.

Now I'm just trying to get as much stuff as I can. I no longer care about items that I can't reorder. If I come across them then great, but I don't go out of my way to get them.
#10Ansem_the_evilPosted 5/8/2014 11:44:45 PM
Yes Im a completionist but Im only trying to get all non region exclusive items and dlc since I rather collect everything myself with my friends help
---
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939