This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wild world on 3ds

#1kamonphoenixPosted 7/14/2012 2:29:08 PM
so i re-bought wild world and was playing it on my 3ds yesterday before i went into work. i left it in my pocket in sleep mode so i could play it on my lunch and stuff and i did, and then when i got off i went to play it and my 3ds was blinkin red and telling me "ermergherd! why'd you leave me on?!?!" apparently wild world abuses the crap out of my battery in sleep mode lol
---
games 100% achievements: Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Harry Potter 1-4, Force Unleashed 2, Lego Harry Potter 5-7, Assassin's Creed 2, Fable 2
#2koeke14Posted 7/14/2012 2:33:51 PM
kamonphoenix posted...
so i re-bought wild world and was playing it on my 3ds yesterday before i went into work. i left it in my pocket in sleep mode so i could play it on my lunch and stuff and i did, and then when i got off i went to play it and my 3ds was blinkin red and telling me "ermergherd! why'd you leave me on?!?!" apparently wild world abuses the crap out of my battery in sleep mode lol

I think sleep mode doesn't work on old DS games. Only on 3DS games if I recall correctly.
---
3DS: 4983-4968-4308 = Kjell
Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M.
#3kamonphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 2:38:48 PM
koeke14 posted...
kamonphoenix posted...

I think sleep mode doesn't work on old DS games. Only on 3DS games if I recall correctly.

really now? i wonder why that is? :/ lol since the old ds stuff went to sleep too.
---
games 100% achievements: Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Harry Potter 1-4, Force Unleashed 2, Lego Harry Potter 5-7, Assassin's Creed 2, Fable 2
#4koeke14Posted 7/14/2012 2:39:56 PM
kamonphoenix posted...
koeke14 posted...
kamonphoenix posted...

really now? i wonder why that is? :/ lol since the old ds stuff went to sleep too.

That is what I am assuming though. I could be totally wrong about this, and if I am, please someone correct me.
---
3DS: 4983-4968-4308 = Kjell
Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M.
#5FalseMonadoPosted 7/14/2012 2:43:30 PM
I'm pretty sure it works unlike GBA to DS

If you were gone longer than 3-4 hours thats why
#6BaconyGoodnessPosted 7/14/2012 7:10:03 PM
DS games in sleep mode only shut down the screen on the 3DS, the game processes don't pause. Plus, you have background processes like the pedometer and streetpass running, so sleeping DS games are serious battery hogs.
#7SkizzePosted 7/14/2012 10:41:04 PM
kamonphoenix posted...

ERMAHGHERD!!!! xD
---
DeviantART: skizze-filadelfo.deviantart.com
Tumblr: skizzefiladelfo.tumblr.com
#8kamonphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 9:34:40 AM
Skizze posted...
kamonphoenix posted...

ERMAHGHERD!!!! xD

omg xD i wish i could like this comment, or tip it or something! i just told one of my villagers to use this as their catchphrase last night!
---
#9MizzDiamondzPosted 7/15/2012 10:03:24 AM
It's just the game itself. I play the majority of my DS games on my 3DS, and for most of them, sleep mode works. However, sleep mode does not work on Wild World, even on a regular DS.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1217-0154 Name: Chloe
PM me if you added me ^.^
#10kamonphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 11:13:51 AM
MizzDiamondz posted...
It's just the game itself. I play the majority of my DS games on my 3DS, and for most of them, sleep mode works. However, sleep mode does not work on Wild World, even on a regular DS.

you know, i probably knew this back in high school when i first had the game. but its been so long i had forgotten xD thanks everyone for the help! :D
---