This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Only one save file per town?

#1SharpingtonPosted 9/24/2012 4:18:32 PM
I don't remember reading anything about this, but I suddenly realized--you play as the mayor of the town. It seems a little strange for there to be up to four mayors for a town.

And since you're changing aspects of the entire town and not just your personal living space, it seems like it would be pretty awkward to have more than one person playing per town anyway. It seems like everyone would just get in each others way.

Were there any releases about this? I suppose it's not a very big issue, but I can see it as a disappointment for people who were hoping to share a town with siblings or friends.
---
Eeehhhh.....
#2SuperAdamioPosted 9/24/2012 5:02:14 PM
I once heard this, but I can't find it anywhere now, that you share your mayoral duties between all the players on your card. So quite literally, you'd have up to 4 mayors in a town.
---
Adamio Time!!!!
#3mushandinPosted 9/25/2012 1:04:12 AM
I must admit I had not thought of this it is a good point.
#4chameleonsoupPosted 9/25/2012 3:41:25 AM
I can't find it either but I remember someone saying about sharing duties. Perhaps it will be like voting for nooks opening hours on CF.

Did anyone ever really share a town though? The other 3 people in my towns are gardeners and storage!
---
3ds 3952-6991-8891
Apologize to the funyarinpa!
#5addicted2ACPosted 9/25/2012 6:46:31 AM
I'm more concerned about saving data for more than one town. Losing that option on Wii, unless you hacked your system, really stunk.
#6podracer35Posted 9/25/2012 7:00:53 AM
I don't know about multiple villages, but I'm fairly certain that you can have multiple players in one village. It's just that the first one will be the mayor.

As for whether of not you can swap who is the mayor.... I don't know for sure. Honestly, there's a lot that's still up in the air and unconfirmed about this game
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/28lvyvc.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750
#7FullMetalPanicPosted 9/25/2012 7:18:36 AM
I think there will be only one playable character in this one, mostly because you only get 1 FC which is your 3DS' FC. It's not like the Wii or DS versions where you get different FC's for each alt character or everytime you restart a new town.
---
[_Current Systems_]
| PS2 slim | PS3 | PSP-3000 | PSVita | N64 | Wii | GBC | GBA SP | DSi XL | 3DS XL |
#8podracer35Posted 9/25/2012 7:24:36 AM(edited)
I think there will be only one playable character in this one, mostly because you only get 1 FC which is your 3DS' FC. It's not like the Wii or DS versions where you get different FC's for each alt character or everytime you restart a new town.

But it could be one FC per town. Where anyone on the 3DS friend list can enter the town.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/28lvyvc.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750
#9chameleonsoupPosted 9/25/2012 8:35:53 AM
FullMetalPanic posted...

A very good point indeed. I hadn't even though of that.
---
3ds 3952-6991-8891
Apologize to the funyarinpa!
#10FearAggressionPosted 9/25/2012 3:52:13 PM
I actually translated the latest ac trailer on my channel a WHILE AGO. I'm the first one to do all the translated ac trailers. Check my playlist for video game footage. Turn on annotations. Iwata explains that there is one mayor and new players will share responsibility. So there ARE effectively 4 mayors but only the first one is called the mayor. It's just a title though so the mayor doesnt control more than the other 3.
---
3DS FC: 0602-6260-1153, Aggression
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AggressionSsbb?feature=mhee