This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear Lord.

#1MrGreen9Posted 10/5/2012 8:57:58 AM
There was so much talked about. Some of the things I'm really excited for:

-New Fruit: Lemons, Mangos, Persimmons, and (not seen in the N.D.) Bananas!!
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/life/index.html
(click on the middle orange section, second picture to the left in the palm trees)

-Dreams: I guess you can go to the Anteater lady, and have a 'Dream' about somebody's town that you've streetpassed with. You can explore it, but you can't do anything to it.

-Megaphone: I guess you use this to get villagers attention, and maybe even physically talk to other players in your town?

-The Club: This looks so cool, with DJKK, and Dr. Shrunk! All the Album covers for KK's songs are cool as well. Also I'm really happy we can finally have more then just four emotions. I wouldn't be surprised if there was room for all of them in that little menu we saw.

-The Island: I guess Tortimer 'retired' here. So now he's your tour guide for mini-games and stuff. The little island tiki shack with all the little Kappas in it looks really neat also!

-The photo booth: I love this! We get our own personal little ID card with our Friend Code and picture on it. (plus other info I'm sure)

-The Museum: Looks like all the regular exhibits are back, and are expanded upon (ex. the larger aquarium). Now though, Celeste has a little shop upstairs where it looked like she was selling the Silver Net and some Wallpaper. Plus there are now four blank exhibits that you can create however you like!

-Characters camping: So it looks like Animals can come into your town temporarily and just camp out in a tent for awhile. That is a really neat idea I think.

-Fish and bugs year round: So now, according to the N.D., Summer Fish and bugs won't be exclusive to summer. You can find them in your town all year round! That is so cool to me. Now we don't have to wait for the next season to complete our fish or bug collection.

There was more of course, but those were just some highlights for me. I am wondering whether of not we'll be able to swim wherever we want to. For example, could we swim from the main town beach to the island without taking Cap'ns boat? Also in this picture:

http://nookipedia.com/w/images/1/1d/Animal-Crossing-Map.jpg

To the far right there's a cave connected to the ocean. they had this in the Japanese movie, so I'm wondering if we'll be able to take the boat in there, or if we can maybe swim inside it?

So many questions.

Now the waits going to be even harder. Ugh. I'm just really hyped up and wanted to share my excitement with everyone. Feel free to post whatever you thought was awesome! I seriously CAN'T WAIT!!!
---
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3117-5566
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you back.
#2MrGreen9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 9:02:02 AM
Oh, and also... here's a link to a really awesome tumblr. They have everything I just talked about listed, plus screenshots I hadn't seen before and other stuff.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/animal-crossing-3ds
---
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3117-5566
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you back.
#3gurgitoy2Posted 10/5/2012 12:03:05 PM
I really think this is going to be the definitive version of Animal Crossing. The only thing that seems to be missing is NES games, but that's understandable. We get a neat nod to that with "NES (Famicom) night" at the club!

I loved all the new stuff, and boy was there a lot! They've expanded on just about every single thing. New fruit, new bugs & fish, new items, new villagers, new songs, just...everything.

It also seems like they brought every single character back for this too. Booker, Copper, the Resetti brothers, Able Sisters, Sahara, Gracie, Dr. Shrunk, etc. They added new ones, but didn't toss the old ones aside. We even get Kappa back as more than the bus driver...and we get Porter, and even Lyle. The only one I haven't seen is Pascal, but I'll bet he shows up somewhere.

Oh, and from the official website, it shows that the more traditional holidays are also here to stay. I saw Jack for Halloween, and Jingle for Christmas. Plus, there was Redd with some kind of shop during a fireworks festival.

Finally they added mini-games to play with friends. I hope we're allowed to play them single player too in case we can't be online all the time. The island looks great, and swimming is neat, especially since you can dive to collect things

From what I understand about the "dream town" though, is that it's a town from a person you've streetpassed. You visit in your dreams, and it looks like you're allowed to be destructive, chopping down trees and such. However...none of it really happens, you don't actually affect that person's town. So, it's like you have license to be bad with no consequences. Plus, you can get ideas on town layout. What I'm not sure about is being able to keep things you collect there, like fruit.

The customization features in this game are crazy! You really can be as creative as you want with patterns everywhere, and signs.

I LOVE being able to have your own exhibit rooms in the museum! This solves several problems. One being where to store your massive collection of stuff. Now you don't have to cram it all in your house or store it. You can have any themed exhibit you want...or you could just fill it with random stuff. I'm thinking a Nintendo exhibit will be nice...

Also, it looks like neighbor pictures are back! I saw Katie's picture in one of the houses. I hope that means there is much more interaction with neighbors this time. It looks like you can also help them make decisions in the stores too on what they should buy.

This game just keeps looking better and better, and I think it's going to be my favorite version so far. I'm going to love it with all my heart, LOL!
---
"Now I have chortle time. Fawful scattered your minions like litter from a sad ugly cat."
#4Meta LobsterPosted 10/5/2012 12:18:36 PM
Now the REAL question.

IS THAT LAME ARSE P.O.S. GRASS EROSION REMOVED YET
---
Do all you people just post just to complain about the opinions of others?
#5mnkboy907Posted 10/5/2012 1:11:40 PM
I'm not sure how to feel about fish and bugs not being season-exclusive anymore. I'm conflicted. It's nice in the sense that I'll likely stop playing before a full year comes around, so I'll still be able to collect everything without resorting to time traveling, but on the other hand, real-time season stuff is part of the game's charm. Hmm...
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/23qx00.jpg
"First time I got punched in the face, I was like "oh no", then I was like "this is a story"."
#6SneakersPosted 10/5/2012 1:13:14 PM
Now the REAL question.

IS THAT LAME ARSE P.O.S. GRASS EROSION REMOVED YET

Only way the grass erosion is ok, if there was a way to repair the dmage done...like talking to wisp, or paying a feee or hiring someone to go through the town and fix the grass...and the grass gre back faster...heck, the grass should been back in full in the Spring.
---
PSN - TheRealSneakers / 3DS FC - 3952-7010-7346
http://therealsneakers.deviantart.com/art/Troll-Face-comic-289558611
#7Meta LobsterPosted 10/5/2012 1:28:23 PM
If wisp had the repair ability it'd make it far more tolerable, and if it had to be at all, i'd want it to the point that causing the erosion could only be deliberate (running across tiles literally 200+ times a month

mnkboy907 posted...
I'm not sure how to feel about fish and bugs not being season-exclusive anymore. I'm conflicted. It's nice in the sense that I'll likely stop playing before a full year comes around, so I'll still be able to collect everything without resorting to time traveling, but on the other hand, real-time season stuff is part of the game's charm. Hmm...

I think a good balance would be season affecting the 'frequency' of finding out-of-season- fish/bugs
---
Do all you people just post just to complain about the opinions of others?
#8dolphinmagePosted 10/5/2012 2:09:34 PM
Can we find all bugs and fish in our town all year round or can we just find the summer bugs and fish on the island all year round? It would make sense that the summer bugs and fish are always on the tropical island, but it would be kind of weird for them to take out the seasonal part of bug/fish catching in your town.

Oh and I'm really looking forward to customizing the exhibits in the museum.
#9SquirrelettePosted 10/5/2012 2:39:29 PM
dolphinmage posted...
Can we find all bugs and fish in our town all year round or can we just find the summer bugs and fish on the island all year round? It would make sense that the summer bugs and fish are always on the tropical island, but it would be kind of weird for them to take out the seasonal part of bug/fish catching in your town.

Oh and I'm really looking forward to customizing the exhibits in the museum.

I would think that the all year bug and fish availability would only be on the island. That's how they did it on the GC.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#10mnkboy907Posted 10/5/2012 2:54:22 PM
Aside from the mangos, lemons, bananas, and persimmons, there was also this fruit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EU5aQT8S1CI#t=2471s

I'm not sure what it is.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/23qx00.jpg
"First time I got punched in the face, I was like "oh no", then I was like "this is a story"."