This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my theory about grass erosion

#1enjoinesPosted 10/5/2012 2:39:56 PM
I think it encourages you to relax and not focus on getting everything right away,
grass doesn't erode as much if you just walk.

I know for some of my friends, the game becomes a competition of who can get the most cool stuff. One of my buddies had a dessert in about a week and im like "cool, you have all this stuff but your town looks like ass".

I believe it brings a balance to the game.
I found myself using the same paths and roads to minimize the grass erosion., and walking a lot more.

but, I agree there should be a way to restore it, either by watering or maybe this game has grass seeds, maybe the gardening shop sells them.

btw I just saw the nintendo direct, there is so much in this game!!!!! KK DANCE PARTYS!!
---
"Im hecka mad!"
#2xKillaPandaxPosted 10/5/2012 4:16:23 PM
when a game punishes you for playing at your won pace, and also prides itself for letting you play at your own pace, you say no. NO.
---
Animal Crossing
#3SPDShadowRangerPosted 10/5/2012 10:16:59 PM
I'm not even worried about this now...I don't like what seems to be these dirt patches everywhere.
#4KrazymagePosted 10/5/2012 10:30:54 PM
I don't think I saw any erosion on the vids released, so I guess it was removed. Its for the best, it was a terrible idea.
---
You know those baboons are dead right Krazy?- Townshend27
You is a cool guy, you read my sig and doesnt afraid of anything.
#5PokekingPosted 10/6/2012 6:47:55 PM
Has there been actual word about erosion? One can't really make sure until one plays and sees grass becomes completely dirt.

If erosion returns, I'll just need to be careful.
---
His Imperial Dream Master, The Pokeking
#6podracer35Posted 10/6/2012 6:52:16 PM
I doubt there is grass erosion, it's just that the grass textures have become more advanced looking and detailed. It's not just thick grass all around, there are more dirt patches, and even in normal grass, you can tell there is ground beneath it.

It's a different direction for the series, but I'm liking the look and feel of it so far.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/28lvyvc.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750
#7SuperAdamioPosted 10/6/2012 7:05:02 PM
I do love the way the grass looks like velvet in this game.
---
Adamio Time!!!!