Japanese Lag Fest.

#1Squished_MarioPosted 3/13/2012 6:58:28 PM
So every time I'm racing against the Jalapeno's, I lag my ass off and wonder why everyone's going so fast. I kind of get the impression that my connection to Japan is so weak that the game doesn't register my movements with at the same time and that actually can decide the race if you're unlucky enough. I've had some crazy things happen to me involving lag that made no sense lol.

So while the Japanese are happily boosting ahead, I'm lagging behind. I really hate you Nintendo for lack of a region option. Only when I get with American players with a minimum of a few European players ( no matter what internet I use ) It's a "smooth" race if that makes sense.

#2GigaraverPosted 3/13/2012 7:06:21 PM
Go to Friends/Opponents and just join the room of anybody in or nearer to your country. There.
---
Tatsunoko VS Capcom - [3309-5984-6152] Name - Hyperdon
Nintendo 3DS FC - [3394 - 3563 - 6616]
#3Squished_Mario(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 7:20:25 PM
GigaRaver posted...
Go to Friends/Opponents and just join the room of anybody in or nearer to your country. There.

Couldn't I still get stuck with just one American and the rest are Jalapenos?
#4Leader_ZPosted 3/13/2012 8:14:01 PM(edited)
Don't forget, Japan has a huge time difference than America. Play when most of them will be asleep, like at their three in the morning.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0518-3959-3841 -- Tyler
#5XMarioKartProXPosted 3/13/2012 8:15:43 PM
Leader_Z posted...
Don't forget, Japan has a huge time difference than America. Play when most of them will be asleep, like at their three in the morning.

Just to add, every time I've played, there are enough japs anywhere to make rooms lag.
---
Loser: (n) loo-zer 1. Anyone who has the time to read someone else's full signature. 2. This means "you".
#6OxygenSupplyPosted 3/14/2012 2:32:02 AM
Does anyone know WHY Nintendo removed the Regional option? I still don't get the reason. To me, it looks like a terribly dumb move.
#7mtpfreakPosted 3/14/2012 2:39:43 AM
Seriously, it's not that the japanese are more skilled (though they are) but the lag can make hazards like shells and bob-ombs pop up out of thin air with no chance to anticipate them.

Ain't fun when you get hit by the unavoidable. You have to try and anticipate their actions and avoid racing directly behind or in-front of them.

I agree I wish there was a regional option.
---
Clean Cut high score: 65 cuts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais
#8Squished_Mario(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 8:20:32 AM
XMarioKartProX posted...
Leader_Z posted...

Just to add, every time I've played, there are enough japs anywhere to make rooms lag.

I play during the day when I can...it doesn't matter and I still get stuck in a room full of them. Not that I hate them...but the lag is still ridiculous.
#9viewmaster_piPosted 3/14/2012 8:26:36 AM
Why do you call them Jalapenos?
---
This is my super "secret" board. Keep out.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=565572
#10Squished_Mario(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 8:53:53 AM
viewmaster_pi posted...
Why do you call them Jalapenos?

I just felt compelled to, I guess.