This game is too hard.

#1Shogun_MegazordPosted 3/13/2012 8:45:59 PM
I can't beat the 150 class races at all. The older kart games weren't like this. I hope datel makes an action replay soon.
#2snake_5036Posted 3/13/2012 8:53:34 PM
The old games were several levels harder in 150CC and even harder in Mirror.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:45....500th posts: 5
#3Nin3DSFanPosted 3/13/2012 8:57:40 PM
The game isn't hard, just... luck-based. For example, I get a 1 star ranking in 150cc, a 2 star ranking in 100cc, but I get a 3 star ranking in Mirror?
#4MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/13/2012 9:11:11 PM
>Mario Kart
>hard
#5pikachu936Posted 3/13/2012 9:14:52 PM
Hard? Mario Kart 7?

Never play Super Meat Boy.
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt. <(-'.'-<)
David Mitchell > You.
#6nardinizzlePosted 3/13/2012 9:16:50 PM
yeah i cant figure it out. i just got 1st place all traks 40 coins 150cc mushroom and i still didnt get a 3 star rating. what am i missing
#7TheEighthSagePosted 3/13/2012 10:21:18 PM
From what I hear, what determines the star rankings this time around isn't so much how fast you race, but rather how well you race. Factors like how quickly you attain first and how long you stay in first each race are what determine how many stars you get.

Another factor that I'm theorizing is whether or not you use the Gyro controls. So far it seems like if I race without them I'm less apt to get a 3-star rating than if I use them. The cutoff point seems to be 3/4 of the time, but again I'm not entirely sure as I use them almost exclusively(the exception being the SNES Rainbow Road, that race was a nightmare with them on xD)

I hope that helps! :D
---
3DS Friend Code: 2964-8909-6218
TWEWY needs a Sequel! Golden Sun's got one, yay!
#8pikachu936Posted 3/13/2012 11:14:07 PM
TheEighthSage posted...
From what I hear, what determines the star rankings this time around isn't so much how fast you race, but rather how well you race. Factors like how quickly you attain first and how long you stay in first each race are what determine how many stars you get.

Pretty much, though racing fast is usually a side effect of racing well.
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt. <(-'.'-<)
David Mitchell > You.
#9mtpfreakPosted 3/14/2012 1:35:30 AM
Maybe you should actually learn how to race effectively? Take the best racing lines, learn how to drift properly, etc.

It really isn't THAT hard compared to previous Mario Kart titles, try drifting on Super Circuit it's a nightmare.
---
Clean Cut high score: 65 cuts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais
#10ElNurglingPosted 3/14/2012 2:19:25 AM
mtpfreak posted...
Maybe you should actually learn how to race effectively? Take the best racing lines, learn how to drift properly, etc.

It really isn't THAT hard compared to previous Mario Kart titles, try drifting on Super Circuit it's a nightmare.

This. Mario Kart 7 is by far the easiest Mario Kart in the series once you've figured out how to use banana peels defensively, drift, use mini-turbos and do ramp tricks.
Also, experiment a bit with different character/vehicle/wheel combinations to find a setup that suits your driving style. I found Shy Guy+Barrel Train/Royal Ribbon+Roller Wheels a great combo for getting easy Triple Star ranks on every grand prix, but other people may prefer a combo that focuses on Speed and Off-road rather than Accel and Handling.