Is Nintendo going to do anything about the Maka Wuhu cheaters?

#1DERPATR0NPosted 4/4/2012 2:41:39 PM
Just getting kind of annoyed. I just came in 4th when, based on how things were going, I should have come in 1st or 2nd.
---
Kazoo for you! AC:CF FC 1719-6683-2183 Name: Lewis Town: Kryptona
(>^_^)>=- Pokemon Heartgold FC 1162-1968-2953 Name Lois
#2moneyman82Posted 4/4/2012 2:44:08 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating. It's a glitch. They probably should fix it, but it doesn't look like it will be fixed any time soon.
---
Check out my Youtube Channel! www.youtube.com/thepoketran for WI-FI BATTLES!
Pokemon Black FC: 1635 6449 9275
#3SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/4/2012 3:20:55 PM(edited)
Purposely abusing a glitch = cheating.

Anyway, even though I don't care much about the Maka Wuhu glitch, I'd still love it if Nintendo would do something about it. Racing on Maka Wuhu 9/10 times because people are so pathetic they need to ensure they beat newbies who haven't properly experienced the glitch yet and so keep selecting Maka Wuhu is, besides extremely sad on their part, extremely boring.

Unfortunately, the answer is: No. Nintendo won't do anything about it.
#4bcorneliaPosted 4/4/2012 3:31:04 PM
It's not cheating when everyone can do it and it's easy as s*** to do.

Face it- the exploit has become a regular part of the game's random online. Everyone knows it, everyone does it. If you choose not to use it you're going to lose handily. Do I like this? No, it's a dumb glitch that trivializes a big chunk of the stage.

Do I point the finger at the people who use it when the stage gets selected? No. The people to be blamed here are Nintendo for not properly playtesting the stage or anticipating problems like this. If there's an effective glitch that can be used online, you can bet that people are going to use it to try and get an edge/keep up with people they don't know.

But hey, keep on waving around that "cheaters" flag, folks. Have fun being that poor sap who ends up way behind the pack and eats up a bunch of losses.
---
My old account got better.
#5SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/4/2012 4:44:36 PM(edited)
Doesn't matter that everyone does it. I do it too (in fact, I counter-glitched as soon as it was discovered, when still 6/8 players didn't use it), but still: cheating remains cheating.

Cheating isn't necessarily bad though, it depends on the situation. In this case, because everyone does it, of course you should do it too, it's foolish not to. But don't act all high and mighty you don't use cheats if you do so (or purposely pick Maka Wuhu for the glitch of course).
#6bcorneliaPosted 4/4/2012 5:10:19 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
but still: cheating remains cheating.

You don't know what cheating is, yet you continue to drone on. You should do us all a favor and stop.
---
My old account got better.
#7BabyLuigiOnFirePosted 4/4/2012 5:23:31 PM
Nintendo stated that they will not fix the glitch anytime soon

"Hello,
Thank you for writing. I'd like to start by apologizing for the delay in our response. While we strive to answer every email within twenty-four hours, for a variety of reasons we've been unusually busy.
We are aware that it is possible to navigate a certain part of the track in Wuhu Island in a way that allows a large part of the course to be bypassed. There are no plans to update the game to remove this shortcut as doing so would create an unfair advantage for the users of the original release of the game. Rest assured your comments have been added to our records for Mario Kart 7."
#8SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/4/2012 5:26:44 PM
bcornelia posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
but still: cheating remains cheating.

You don't know what cheating is, yet you continue to drone on. You should do us all a favor and stop.

It rather seems you are the one who doesn't know what cheating is. Cheating is deliberately violating the rules. Abusing glitches is ALWAYS a violation of the rules, even if they're unwritten and/or the game's online is not monitored.
#9HermanTuttlePosted 4/4/2012 5:31:56 PM(edited)

Wavedashing = cheating?

Snaking = cheating?

I don't think so.

Also, skiing in Starsiege Tribes started as a glitch and became an official game mechanic in Tribes 2.
#10SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/4/2012 5:39:57 PM(edited)
HermanTuttle posted...
Wavedashing = cheating?

Snaking = cheating?

I don't think so.

Also, skiing in Starsiege Tribes started as a glitch and became an official game mechanic in Tribes 2.

Wavedashing and snaking are intended game mechanics, and therefore are within the rules. Wavedashing has some questionable stuff about it, but in the end there's nothing unusual about it, unlike a screwed up spawn that saves 30 seconds. And especially snaking is normal: you're just using a completely intended mechanic, nothing questionable to be said about it.

Rules are always subject to change. Especially when said game is a newer version.