Who was the idiot/troll that came up with the blooper item?

#1LegendofLegaiaPosted 4/29/2012 5:21:29 AM
Seriously, does anyone have any trouble driving when they get hit with it? Because I don't and it seems like no one else does either. The AI are also obviously unaffected by it, so wtf is the point?

The only thing more useless than that **** is getting a banana in 8th, if that's even possible.
---
AC Cloud: If I win, are my sins forgiven?
FFVII Cloud: Not you again.
#2Nintendo_Fan128Posted 4/29/2012 5:35:42 AM

The AI drives slower when they're hit by a blooper, I think.

And you can't get a banana in last place.

But yeah, I hate the blooper... they cut the item box, why not cut this one? D:

#3BlanketPIPosted 4/29/2012 6:13:22 AM
Actually, I have gotten a Banana in 8th place. (I was way behind the other racers, so I know I was in 8th place)

I think obscuration of the playing field is a poor idea unless properly integrated. In order to be potent, it cannot be properly integrated and thus is a sign of bad game design. Not only that, but with the bottom screen, it only hurts with things like the pinballs and walking trees.

I think they should make it sort of like they made it work on the computer. Maybe something like N64 Kalimari Desert with 0.75 off-road in the way it acts, no matter what off-road you actually have. You skid a lot and you lose speed, which would make it useful. It would not help much at the last item box, but it would still do something there.
---
I am socially dysfunctional; I apologize in advance, for any showing of this.
God does not damn people, for he is all merciful. Damnation is from the church.
#4pupopolis64Posted 4/29/2012 6:26:16 AM
I've hit a few bananas recently, but I guess it doesn't do much. What if they made it so the bottom screen got "blooped" too?
---
If I had a nickel for every time I said, "If I had a nickel", I'd have at least two nickels. Official Ampharos of the B/W 2 Boards
#5SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/29/2012 7:57:45 PM(edited)
If they blooped the bottom screen it'd still be useless: I don't even look at the bottom screen when I'm blooped, as the top screen is plenty.

But yeah, I agree with the OP: Blooper needs to go. With the Blooper's current effect, no matter how executed, 1 of 2 things happen as Blanket meant I suppose: Opponents can still see enough of the screen and are entirely unaffected by the Blooper, or if that gets fixed then opponents can't see enough of the screen and crash into everything, in which case the Blooper is massively overpowered instead (no matter how well you memorize the tracks, racing with your eyes closed will horribly fail. And even if that wasn't the case, it would of course always be way too overpowered to new players anyway).
#6ConstantlaggerPosted 4/29/2012 8:31:26 PM
Bloopers mess up drivers who are going for precision plays and cutting corners. It always makes me feel uneasy when it's in effect in a tight race.

For being in 5th to 8th, you can never be sure if it had an effect or not because you can't see drivers far ahead of you. But you can't claim it has no effect at all.
---
Laaaaaag!
#7Jin 13Posted 4/29/2012 11:39:32 PM
It causes AI drivers to swerve back and forth. I've seen a few fall off from being too close to an edge because of it.
---
"*checks jins karma* 1111 wow thats odd" mistr moon
AIM: BabyMousePichu ~ Playing: Breath of Fire III
#8DeSilent1Posted 4/29/2012 11:59:00 PM
Blooper should just totally black out the top and bottom screens.

Kind of like the Darkness Power in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
---
Can't we all agree to disagree?
#9Grand KirbyPosted 4/30/2012 1:26:38 AM
It's actually a fun item. I have to admit, while I don't have trouble seeing when getting hit by it, it does make me think twice about maneuvering in certain tricky areas and power sliding too close to edges. And I've taken advantage of it many times to drop Bananas and fire Shells when it hits me. They're much more effective in that situation.

The main problem is that you get it in such a low position, and it doesn't help the used at all there. For some reason it only affects people in front of you too. I don't understand why the designers think that the Blooper should have less targets than frigging Lightning. If it affected everyone and was deliberately treated as weak item that you got mostly in first and second then it would be so much better.

I don't think the item is bad by itself, it's just balanced poorly.
---
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan
#10FakatopaterePosted 4/30/2012 9:48:01 AM
Blooper + Airship Fortress (that part with the bullet bills) = wish you don't get hit
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
3DS FC: 0302 - 0503 - 0747