Maka Wuhu TT?

#1MysticwarriormjPosted 4/29/2012 4:29:33 PM
Just wondering if nintendo will reset the time trial for this track post patch. It would only be fair since i believe a lot of track times for that track will be people who have used the glitch.
---
If ignorance is bliss then there are a lot of happy people in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VgplayerinME
#2mtpfreakPosted 4/29/2012 4:38:50 PM
I'd have to imagine they'd need to somehow, given that ghost data made before the patch should not work correctly afterwards.
---
Clean Cut high score: 65 cuts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais
#3AkaneJonesPosted 4/29/2012 9:07:47 PM
It'd probably just be ruled invalid in check, like on Wii when bogus time where inputted. That just means your personal time ghost stays there it just can't be used. It might be set to overwrite if you try to reuse it. So if it's in a race you'll over take it and it will count as faster. The data will technically be corrupt at that point, but there just isn't anyway of checking it unless you use the ghost data. I mean you can still get triple stars in the star cup from using the Maka Wuhu glitch, but it can't reset that because it never saved the race just that you triple starred it. By the way, that works by getting in first most of the time in two out of the three races, winning all three, and using the MW glitch then parking at the finish line till other carts catch up.

Of course there's alway the option to kill all ghost of Maka Wuhu on patch. But it would suck to have to re-unlock the staff ghosts, particularly if you did it legitimately.
#4OxygenSupplyPosted 4/30/2012 2:08:10 AM
A ghost is just a recording of which buttons the player pressed at what time. You can't determine if a ghost uses a glitch or not simply by looking at its file. So Nintendo won't be able to tell if you used the glitch. The patch will probably only affect online multiplayer, so you'll still be able to glitch on solo mode, TT and local multiplayer.