Is this game worth getting?

#1john_freeman69Posted 5/4/2012 5:03:13 AM
I just got a 3ds not too long ago, played KI:U on 9.0 difficulty, and want to play a new game.

I am torn between this and SM:3D land.

I am not asking for opinion, I am asking about pro's and cons, such as longetivity, fun, etc, to help me decide.
#2FakatopaterePosted 5/4/2012 5:11:48 AM
If you have online, then choose MK7. If not, go with SM3DL, as MK7 has a lackluster 1P mode (you will still enjoy if you are a Mario kart fan though).

Renting both and judging by yourself is recommended as well.

Personally (you may want to ignore this, since it's just my personal preference), I prefer SM3DL over MK7, even though I have spent much more time playing the latter.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
3DS FC: 0302 - 0503 - 0747
#3Rasputin77Posted 5/4/2012 5:35:18 AM
"I am not asking for opinion, I am asking about pro's and cons, such as longetivity, fun, etc," - Err... most pros and cons are opinions. ;)

Pretty much what the fakat said... that's good advice of going with MK7 if you have online. I think they did a really great job implementing it. Both games have plenty of pros with very few cons.

I suppose a con for SMB3D would be the complete lack of multiplayer, whereas both local and online play for MK7 can be really, really fun. (Was on the deck smoking with 2 other 3DS players, all playing MK7, racing against each other... I believe that's the most noise we've made from that deck since we moved in last year...)
---
GameFAQs - where the word "troll" only has 247 definitions.
Congrats! You've watered down a word to the point of having no effect.
#4MrSpacelySlatePosted 5/4/2012 9:49:08 AM
Go with 3DLand. If you don't have online, then just pretend this game doesn't exist.

No seriously. There's no VS Mode, or Missions, or anything besides Grand Prix and Time Trials.
#5LaitMeumeuPosted 5/4/2012 2:08:38 PM
If you're interested, there's a long list of cons here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997822-mario-kart-7/62555513/698293338#6

Can't find a list of pros.
#6pikachu936Posted 5/4/2012 2:38:14 PM
Fully finished SM3DL in two weeks, haven't touched it since. Woulda finished it sooner if Kirby Wii hadn't come out a week after.

5 months on and I'm still regularly playing Kart 7.

Seems obvious what I'm going to suggest. =P
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt. <(-'.'-<)
David Mitchell > You.
#7WariofanaticPosted 5/4/2012 3:07:47 PM

Fully finished SM3DL in two weeks, haven't touched it since. Woulda finished it sooner if Kirby Wii hadn't come out a week after.

5 months on and I'm still regularly playing Kart 7.

Seems obvious what I'm going to suggest. =P

Basically the same for me... cept I finished SM3DL - 100% too - within' a week and I've yet to play it since. Was fun during the first play through, but really boring repeating any of the levels. MK7 is the better game, but if you don't have online and aren't a fan of TT'ing then you may want to think about getting SM3DL
---
All men must choose between two paths. Good is the path of honor, heroism, and nobility. Evil.... Well, it's just cooler.
http://i41.tinypic.com/fxs275.jpg
#8john_freeman69(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 3:26:57 PM
LaitMeumeu posted...
If you're interested, there's a long list of cons here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997822-mario-kart-7/62555513/698293338#6

Can't find a list of pros.

Not a deal beaker for me.

Thanks guys, will go with MK7, since I prefer games with more replay value, even if it is just multiplayer.

Might try 3D land.
#9Squig_HunterPosted 5/4/2012 3:39:35 PM
I got super mario 3d land initially with mine(just got it tuesday, played through the first two worlds), wasn't really all that impressed. In fact, I was pretty disappointed, though it might be because I have super mario 64 ds too, and was comparing it to that. It just felt incredibly small in scope, and the 3d gave me a headache. I returned it today for

Now, going into a mario kart game, you've gotta know it's gonna be the same game you've played before. Knowing EXACTLY what I'm getting, however, I'm pretty pleased with it. Even if I finished all the tracks, getting a better time and playing online will keep my interest long enough to make it a long term keeper, in addition to racing friends in the game(which will be a given, as everyone should own this game). I don't believe either game is necessarily bad, I just didn't like what 3d land had to offer, and I will always love mario kart, no matter how iterative it becomes.
---
What the Hell's going on out there?!-Vince Lombardi
# of people who've told me i have an awesome sig:5
#10Tuner89Posted 5/6/2012 9:27:56 AM
Adding on to this, What are you opinions about this vs. KI;U?

Multiplayer is a big consideration for me, so I'm ruling out SM3DL.

I really want Mario Tennis Open when it comes out, and I think I'll buy that and one other game of this batch(haven't bought a 3DS game in a while), so it's between KI:U, MK7, and SM3DL

At the moment I'm leaning more towards this, because I'd like a game that I can pick up, play for 10 minutes, then set down if I want, or have the option of playing for a long amount of time(something I love about Pokemon Rumble Blast). Also, more of my friends have this game than KI:U.

The only reason I'm hesitant is because I know a ton of people talk bad about this game and I've only seen a few complaints about KI:U in comparison.

What are your thoughts?