I'm so glad I didn't buy this game.

#1TheGam3925Posted 5/8/2012 9:02:01 AM
Currently borrowing this game from a friend. Blue turtle shells every single race?? I feel like I'm being punished for playing well. I was in the final lap of a 150cc race, successfully defended against 2 red turtle shells and when I approach the finish line I am hit with an unavoidable blue shell. As soon as I recover I am hit with a red turtle shell and passed by 3 other people and finish in 4th place.

Never playing this game again, and I am never playing another MK game until they fix this. Getting hit with blue shells every single race is ridiculous.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#2MrSpacelySlatePosted 5/8/2012 9:13:55 AM
Pffft.

Blue shells are the least of this game's problems.
#3BizzyBumPosted 5/8/2012 9:16:44 AM
What makes this game so bad compared to other installments?

Sure, you have the randomness that screws you over a lot but that's just Mario Kart.
---
| i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz | H60 | Z68A | EVGA SC GTX 580x2 SLI | Corsair AX 1200w |
| Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 | 3x PX2370's @ 5760x1080 | Antec 1200 |
#4MrSpacelySlatePosted 5/8/2012 9:36:06 AM
Yet again:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997822-mario-kart-7/62555513/698293338#6
#5ThatGuyZPosted 5/8/2012 9:39:24 AM
Super Mario Kart-The worst A.I because they can fly over items, Red Shells are only useful on straight-ways, which are rare in that game, the Feather is the most broken item in the game, no real way to gain first if you're way too far behind, items are gone once the Block is hit.

Mario Kart 64-The worst rubber-banding in the series, Items that hit CPUs off-screen stall them for all of a millisecond, Mushrooms are gimped to hell.

Super Circuit-Too loose in control, tried to hard to be the previous two installments in one and didn't turn out too...different.

Double Dash-Special Items were either useful or worthless, some regular items were now Specials, a few tricks (such as Peel-out Prevention) were taken out to make way for the more casual players from the vets, the physics were also a bit, weird.

DS-Gave us a Single-player VS. Mode and Missions (although, YMMV), different karts for different characters, and an Online...that was, more or less, **** because it was so barebones.

Wii-12 people on the field, the most broken items in MK History after the Feather, all of which could possibly make you drop your item, EVIL A.I. in the GP mode, Online that featured Private Lobbies and Regional and Worldwide Races AND Battles, introduction (and removal afterwards) of Bikes which were, more or less, overpowered a bit.

MK7-Introduced a lot of shortcut exploitations (which are being patched, soon), Gliding sections and Underwater driving scetions for a bit of variety, a helpful Blue Shell, brought back Coins, introduced Communities, which are gimped because they are not private and only Worldwide, albeit still better than DS's, races, and removed Single-player VS. Modes beside Battle and Coin Runners. Multiplayer is also gimped a bit, due to how Pause menus do not actually pause the entire game...

Anyone mind filling in anything else?
---
There's blood on my 3DS-here's the number to save it;3DS FC-5370-0900-3336
#6vyseskiesPosted 5/8/2012 11:23:19 AM
i'm pretty sure that i got at least 1 blue shell per race on previous consoles
---
Nintendo is the best videogame company ever made! If you agree/disagree send a PM!
People who agree / disagree: 23 / 7
#7pikachu936Posted 5/8/2012 12:16:20 PM
Games like Sega Racing and blur don't have any Blue Shell style items.

Play them, then you'll see how necessary Blue Shells are.
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt. <(-'.'-<)
David Mitchell > You.
#8mothballsPosted 5/8/2012 12:46:53 PM
honestly the underrated sega racing games are better then the recent mario karts.

I look forward to the new one coming out.
---
“We are losing money not because of pirates; we are losing money because people decided not to buy our game.” -CD Projekt dev
#9FefnirOmega13Posted 5/8/2012 3:29:30 PM
pikachu936 posted...
Games like Sega Racing and blur don't have any Blue Shell style items.

Play them, then you'll see how necessary Blue Shells are.

I feel like I might have covered this before with you, but for the sake of clarity: wasn't there a giant blue missile or so that auto-homed on first?

Might have been on the handheld version, though...
---
Fan of Bullet Hell. Cave and Touhou mostly. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Mario Kart 7 (MnK*Toejam,1977-0150-7507)
#10pikachu936Posted 5/8/2012 3:37:24 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
I feel like I might have covered this before with you, but for the sake of clarity: wasn't there a giant blue missile or so that auto-homed on first?

Might have been on the handheld version, though...

There was a big blue missile that followed the track, but I never once got hit by it while in first.

Probably because the user can detonate it at any time, and they're more likely to go for the person just ahead of them rather than the guy in first.
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt. <(-'.'-<)
David Mitchell > You.