What are the chances of Petey Piranha returning?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 7
  3. What are the chances of Petey Piranha returning?
5 years ago#1
I really hope he makes a comeback in this game... But what are his chances?

Since this game is going to be on a portable system, I guess that means the roster is going to be smaller?
If that is so, then I think his chances are slim seeing as he wasn't even in MK Wii...

BUT! If the roster is a fair size (due to lots of memory) then maybe they will scrap Dry Bones Bowser or King Boo and replace one of them with Petey.

What do you guys think?
---
Brawl Friend Code 3138-4227-7569
5 years ago#2
Don't know about this Mario Kart, but the next console one will most likely have him.
---
MK Wii: 2578-3499-0780
SSBB: 0216-0543-4680
5 years ago#3
then maybe they will scrap Dry Bones Bowser or King Boo and replace one of them with Petey.

Why would they scrap Bowser?

He was in the first one and he has been in each one after that.

Oh, and they will not scrap Jr. either.
---
Diddy Kong vs Bowser Jr. was here.
Stop saying that Wii Party will "replace" Mario Party.
5 years ago#4
Of all the characters in MKW, I'd say Petey has a bigger chance than Dry Bowser, Funky Kong, Baby Daisy...and that's about it.
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt.
Pikachu936: The Excessive Force's Richie.
5 years ago#5
-@ megeleg-

I meant Drybones Bowser. You know, the skeletal one?
---
5 years ago#6
As much as I'd love to see him return- heck my username is a pun off his name- I don't think so. Background character at best, but it'd be a pleasant surprise to see him in. But I won't hold my breath.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - CS Lewis
5 years ago#7
Pretty slim. Nintendo seems to be using him less and less. Hell, I think even Toadsworth was written out of the series.
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
5 years ago#8
Petey was going to be in MKW, but they left him out in the end.
---
I have a Wand of O O O.
5 years ago#9
I think Petey is more then a background character. He represents the Piranha Plant race, much like Bowser is the "Mega Koopa" Petey is the "Mega Piranha Plant" just holding no authority over them (as far as we have seen).

In other words, Petey gives the player a option to play as some from of a Piranha Plant, a option that was never there before. Therefore, to eliminate Petey seems rather counterintuitive to me.

Also, Toadsworth was never in any multi-player games to begin with so I don't think his case is comparable.

P.S. Sorry I misspelled your name in my previous post Megaleg.
---
5 years ago#10
Also, Toadsworth was never in any multi-player games to begin with so I don't think his case is comparable.

Ah, he was in the first Mario Baseball, even if everyone and their mother was in that game. =P
---
(>-'.'-)> 2 Kirbies went into a food store, the next day the store went bankrupt.
Pikachu936: The Excessive Force's Richie.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 7
  3. What are the chances of Petey Piranha returning?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived