Paper Mario "HD"?

#1Elec Man EXEPosted 6/21/2010 7:19:40 PM
A while back I was watching a stream on JTV, and someone brought up Paper Mario HD. From what they described, it was basically the original Paper Mario game, but with the graphics / texture quality upgraded to that of TTYD. It sounded interesting, I took a mental note of it, but I didn't ask for a link or any more info, and I don't remember who it was that said it.

Since the announcement of Paper Mario 3DS has inspired me to run through the first 2 Paper Mario games again, I figured I'd check it out, but the few internet searches I've done have yielded nothing.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this, or was the guy just making stuff up?
---
Master of Electricity
~Lucario Alliance Member~
#2kodfish36Posted 6/21/2010 7:21:10 PM
This is the first I've ever heard of it. To be honest, I can't say I would want the original PM remade with TTYD graphics.
---
I am a man. Did you think I was a woman?
#3Gold_GhostPosted 6/21/2010 7:28:18 PM
Yeah really, the charm or Paper Mario really has NOTHING to do with how good its graphics may or may not be.
#4Elec Man EXE(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2010 8:49:02 AM
Charm or not, I'd like to have a look if it exists, but it sounds like it either doesn't, or is really unknown.
---
Master of Electricity
#5TheMario91Posted 6/22/2010 8:50:54 AM
It doesnt exist and the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Also (not aimed at TC directly) anyone with a brain and common sense can tell from the first screenshot (maybe even the 2nd) that this isnt a remake at all.
---
If Waluigi ever gets a game, it'd better be about him killing Wakoopas and rescuing Watoads as he makes his way to save Wapeach from Wabowser. - GradyHoover
#6Elec Man EXE(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2010 8:54:03 AM
Oh, no. I'm definately not saying that this game is even remotely related to what I'm looking for. I just figured its a good a place as any to ask about it.

If it does exist, I assume its a fan made thing, not unlike some of the Super Mario World hacks that add new enemies and such. Except in this case, its just updating the graphics of the game, not changing stages or anything.
---
Master of Electricity