What would you prefer for partners?

#1yoda2323Posted 8/28/2010 6:26:03 PM
Partners with completely unique abilities, but almost no personality (similar to some SPM partners)?

Or partners with abilities we have seen before, but lots of personality (similar to TTYD partners)?

I would actually prefer having unique abilities over lots of personality. That's why I like Thoreau, Barry, and Piccolo over any TTYD partner, because they actually have completely unique abilities, rather than TTYD partners with pretty much the same abilities as in the original.
---
Help us make a fan-made Paper Mario flash game! Go here for more details:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/578054-paperboy
#2MarioPenguin5Posted 8/28/2010 6:27:43 PM
I'd like a combination of both.

Like a Penguin partner like Penningtono that can detect secret passageways, but calls you Luigi throughout the game.

That'd be great.
---
Trolls have taken over our Mystic Bell Towers. I tried a fire spell on them, but it only made them crazier!
#3Robtcee13Posted 8/28/2010 6:29:35 PM
I want partners with unique abilities, funny quirks, and each name must be a pun like Thoreau was.
---
Guys, I didn't hit 100% of the notes, why am I not getting 100%?
- TravisCombs
#4SwagodilePosted 8/28/2010 8:20:55 PM
Both. Why should we have to choose?
---
*puts on sunglasses*
#5Dark_KoopatrolPosted 8/28/2010 8:21:50 PM
The LESBIAN YELLOW YOSHI! D: of course. But sometimes, I think she's too sexy to be a partner. :3
---
Koopatrol and Piranhas, angry and hungry. About to invade your town. You better watch out!
#6yoda2323(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2010 8:22:37 PM
Because I want to see whether people prefer unique no-personality partners or unoriginal personality partners. Obviously I and everyone else would want both.
---
Help us make a fan-made Paper Mario flash game! Go here for more details:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/578054-paperboy
#7RhodechillPosted 8/29/2010 6:40:20 AM
Personality is the most important aspect imo.
---
Crystal King >:o
#8FierceDiety128Posted 8/29/2010 8:13:03 AM
I'd say personality matters the most. I don't even remember half of the Pixls or their abilities from Super Paper Mario because they were so generic. I'd rather have a memorable, unoriginal (but still useful) partner than a forgettable unique one.
#9Bigmac909Posted 8/29/2010 8:56:23 AM
At the same time, I feel like overusing similar qualities in partners also makes them less unique. I always get koops and kooper confused, their abilities, names, etc. are just to similar. At least change up some genders, because I never get confused with Bobbery and Bombette.
#10PT_PiranhaPosted 8/29/2010 10:44:48 AM
Tippi is like Goombario and Goombella.
Thoreau is similar to Kooper and Koops.
Boomer and Slim are obvious.
Thudley replaces special boots.
Carrie works kind of like Lakilester.
Cudge replaces your hammer.
Dashell is not only hidden, but is kind of like the Yoshi.

That leaves Barry, Piccolo, Dottie, and Fleep. Two of them are optional so a lot of players might only notice Fleep and Dottie. Most of the Pixls are powers you've seen before so I'd rather just have personality.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, we've got fun and games.
"Silence nonbeliever!" ~ Me @ Lemmy's Land.