Rate my proposed Paper Mario partners...

#11JoeCoolc3 III(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2010 4:06:25 PM
http://www.mariowiki.com/Sleepy_Sheep

The sheep idea comes from the Sleepy Sheep move in Paper Mario where the sheep run across screen. Actually, Ewestace is my favorite one I thought of .

I figured, like you said, you kind of need a Goomba and Koopa, so that's why the goomba is a spiky goomba. Koopa I figured, ehh, you know that's what they're going to do anyways. TTYD had a bob-omb as the only returning one besides Koopa and Goomba so I figured Boo could be one returning one with the twist of being Daisy. But like somebody mentioned, Dry Bones could be a Koopa swap out. Or maybe even condense and the Clubba could throw his club for a similar feature.

---
"Do not expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong."
-Calvin Coolidge, 1914
#12Elec Man EXEPosted 10/21/2010 1:58:33 PM
I never really thought of the effect of the Sleepy Sheep as actual creatures. They never show up anywhere but when you use that item. I always just thought of it as a funny animation for an item, and a possible throwback to Mario RPG.

Like how the Fright Mask or Fright Jar (can't remember which, I hardly use either of them) shows an image of Bowser, but I'm sure its not actually Bowser. The sheep aren't actually sheep, just something the item produces.

But that's just me.
---
Master of Electricity
~Lucario Alliance Member~
#13JoeCoolc3 III(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 3:35:35 PM
Yeah I hear ya, but I mean, Flurrie and Vivian were both made up for PM2. At least the sheep have a background in PM games.
---
"Do not expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong."
-Calvin Coolidge, 1914
#14squidman1000Posted 10/23/2010 7:30:12 PM
Take out the sheep and add a penguin called slipper
u can slide on him like mario rides yoshi

moves:

Slide like shell toss

Slap

Slide peck

and tsunami
#15aerosmith32Posted 10/25/2010 6:48:00 PM

from th looks of the screenshots it looks like there is going to be a chain chomp partner, which could be pretty interesting

#16mariostar0001Posted 10/26/2010 7:10:50 AM
Todd (Toad): Okay, since I prefer Toads over Goombas anyway, a Toad partner as the tattle man sound okay.
Princess Daisy (Boo): No, just no.
Mishell (Koopa Troopa): Generic, but okay.
Goomby (Spiky Goomba): Sounds like an excuse to add in a Toad AND a Goomba. And the name is bad.
Flyle (Fly Guy): A unique perspective on a common ability type.
Ewestace (Sheep): No comment.
Jeanie Beanie (Bean): Distract enemies? I crush enemies.
Scrubba (Clubba): Sounds pretty good, but scraping away dirt is a bit, lame.
---
If are a JESUS FREAK and are 100% proud put this as your sig. Favorite Video Game Characters: Mario, Sonic, Kirby and Yoshi.