I have never played a Paper Mario game...

#11nopieghostPosted 10/23/2010 10:51:26 AM
^I think he was talking more about continuation-wise. Sure, there is some references spread throughout the games, but most of the plots are either non-existent, or unrelated to eachother.
---
Well until the devs say something lets assume they never will and just use common sense. And since I'm Atlus's brightest fan, what I say goes.
-Patty_Fleur
#12daniel1232323Posted 10/23/2010 10:57:40 AM
ah yes. except the different mario rpg series are canon with there sequels. paper mario ttyd is canon with paper mario, considering after you beat the game, you travel to that rich town were you get the 6th crystal star, bow and butler will be there and you can talk to her. not so sure about super paper mario, although there are references to it at fort francis.

mario and luigi series, fawful has been in every one of them. fawful in the second one talks about how much he hates red and green, but he is talking to the babies. then he comes back in the 3rd one.
#13nopieghostPosted 10/23/2010 11:10:24 AM
*sigh* you don't know what a reference is, do you? It's a reappearance of a character, a place, or an idea from a previous entry or another series. Fawful and Bow are references. PM:TTYD and the M&L games are not storyline sequels, only gameplay sequels.
---
Well until the devs say something lets assume they never will and just use common sense. And since I'm Atlus's brightest fan, what I say goes.
-Patty_Fleur
#14Blair68000Posted 10/23/2010 11:58:52 AM
Paper Mario is much more fun because of the badge system.
#15KoopalmierPosted 10/23/2010 12:05:10 PM
It's not because it lacks a story that there can't be continuity between some games. The series still lack a story, and Mario & Luigi 2 has about as much story as Mario Kart Wii.
---
No Wi-Fi = no online, no WiiWare, no DSiWare. I hate my modem.
#16Kirby321Posted 10/23/2010 12:16:50 PM
Mario & Luigi 2 has about as much story as Mario Kart Wii.

PiT wasn't THAT bad.

TTYD - Freaky geeks kidnap Peach. Mario collects Crystal Stars only to find out they're used for evil. Mario kills a demon revived by the freak geeks.

PiT - Peach gets kidnapped by aliens. Mario and Luigi must go back in time to collect the Cobalt Star shards and kill the aliens. The Cobalt Star is really the evil alien queen's sister, so Mario and Luigi basically collected them for evil purposes (sound familiar?).

BIS - Peach gets kidnapped by a bean. Mario and Luigi (and Bowser *gasp*) collect three Magical Cure thingies to exterminate a disease and defeat the bean who's trying to revive an ancient demon (sound familiar?).

Looks like PiT and BIS have similar stories to TTYD.
---
I'm the creator of Quiz Star and the original Riddle Planet on the SMG2 Boards!
#17KoopalmierPosted 10/23/2010 12:24:01 PM
These "stories" are mere given reasons so that you can have fun playing the game. SMRPG's plot was a major part of the game, though. But you can play any other Mario RPG without reading the text.
---
No Wi-Fi = no online, no WiiWare, no DSiWare. I hate my modem.
#18daniel1232323Posted 10/23/2010 1:29:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19daniel1232323Posted 10/23/2010 1:49:09 PM
*sigh* you don't know what a reference is, do you? It's a reappearance of a character, a place, or an idea from a previous entry or another series. Fawful and Bow are references. PM:TTYD and the M&L games are not storyline sequels, only gameplay sequels.

bow talks about there past adventure when you talk to her, that is linking the 2 games together story wise. fawful talks about his rage against red and green, he is reffering to mario and luigi beating him in the first game. that is proof that the games do connect.
#20Phantom_NookPosted 10/24/2010 8:14:05 AM
The M&L games are sequels in story, since they refrence each other.

-PiT: Fawful talks about how he was beat by the Bros.
-BIS: Some Shroobs were still around and Mario says they were defeated a while ago.
---
asdf